Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Not long now....

CHRISTMAS is almost upon us once again.
 
Interestingly I have noticed subtle changes everywhere.

Change is not an unreasonable thing...
but sometimes it is really annoying.

Example..
People in the business of retail or services seem to be very cautious in how they send you a greeting verbally.
 They are mostly all saying "Happy Holidays"!
It may indeed be what is termed politically correct
 but I want to know who set these standards?
and why are people blindly following this?
I am not disrespectful of others customs,
 so why is it alright for others to negate my custom?
How did I end up on the bottom of a politically incorrect ladder?
This has gone far enough and frankly with the things that go on daily in this world,
I am now of the opinion that some changes are undermining the fibre of decency to all.

So If you are celebrating a religious holiday,
 please enjoy it with all that you know
and embrace your own role in it,
 but do not make me accept that as the only manner of celebrating.
If you do not like what my country offers you at this time of the year,
 please feel more then free to go back to your own country
 and celebrate openly that which you desire.

Last time I read any thing on what was freedom and was was oppression,
I realised that we fought to have our freedoms
and now someone........ somewhere........... gets to dictate that it is all for naught?
If you really believe that and think I am going to blindly follow along with the rest of the blind and ill informed
 then you would be absolutely wrong.

Family is a joyous, it is what we make it.

Celebrations are also joyous and what we make of them..
all of us..
 
so make room for every celebration
and accept that while it might different from yours or mine,
that does not make it wrong or politically incorrect.
It makes it  a joy to the person celebrating..

This world is in a bad way...
and it is never ever too late to stop the fighting,
 the cruelty
 the abuse
and wanton disregard for this earth and all living creatures.

I know that out there , there is a response that will be  delicately put or written.
 I applaud it.
If I have stepped on your toes in any way,
grow up ,
 put your big kid panties on
and get on with living instead of gripping..
and oh yeah..
MERRY CHRISTMAS
 and may GOD BLESS YOU,
each of you
whether you believe or not.
Peace always

1 comment:

  1. You haven't stepped on my toes!! Very unsettling times, very unsettling indeed. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete