Lee and I had some "Snail Mail" things we wanted to get away
and so with our stuff, we went to the local post office.
Now talk about busy!!!
But we got it all off in proper time.
Next we stopped in at the Animal Shelter.
Now I had hoped Arizona was a "No Kill" state.
It is not...
and I handed in my sheet declaring that I would enjoy walking any dog
or being involved in behavioural training..
the dogs not me!!!
Then Lee and I walked through the adoption area.
The way the big dogs looked at me broke my heart.
The black dogs seemed resigned to not even looking interested
as it appears they get passed over all the time
because of their colour.
I did not like any of the wee doggies
as by then my eyes were just not seeing right anymore.
Saw a beautiful pit bull with sky blue eyes.
So I will wait until they call me
and then I start walking dogs
or whatever they need.
From there Lee took me to the Olive Garden for lunch and wow.
Have not been there for 15 years.
We had shrimp mezzaluna..
and may I say it was the best darn pasta dish I have ever had...
ravioli stuffed with 4 cheeses, a sauce to die for and shrimp...
lovely salad.
Just an absolutely lovely lunch outside on the patio.
Lee got himself a new pair of hiking/walking shoes..
and pretty darn happy as they were EXACTLY like the ones he was wearing that were worn out!
Came home after shopping for milk..
we like ultra pasteurized and it was hard to find today.
We tried Safeway
and it was a lovely clean store with great meats and produce.
Home, put it all away
and had a piece of coffee cake with a drink
and off to the night of Mariachi music.
The Tucson High School has a renown Mariachi band
and they are all students aged 14-18.
Beautiful black long skirts and short bolero jackets for the girls
and wonderful black pants,white shirts with neck ties and short jackets on the young lads..
all the trim is a gorgeous silver Mexican motif design
They play violins, trumpets, harp, and a wonderful large bass guitar.
The gals and guys all take turns singing
as well as playing music
and frankly it was an evening of pure entertainment.
Had a fantastic day..
saw lots of gorgeous houses out in the desert
and in the hills around Tucson...
I love this city.
Like to thank you for coming along again..
we always enjoy your company too.
Peace
Olive Garden, mmmmmm, my favorite......
ReplyDelete"Lee got himself a new pair of hiking/walking shoes..
ReplyDeleteand pretty darn happy as they were EXACTLY like the ones he was wearing that were worn out!"
I know exactly what he meant, I had exactly the same model of Columbia hikers for the last 12 years, but now they stop making them :(
Sounds like an enjoyable day.I had the same problem with a pair of my walkers but with a model # Marks was able to order me a pair.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for signing up for the dog walking!
ReplyDeleteOlive Garden...Now I REALLY wish we could have been there to see you order pasta in a restuarant!