Well our friends have gone home and we have a full fridge.
Thanks J&B!
Where to start....
oh OK.
We left off with a trip to White Water Draw to see the cranes
..So our next big adventure was Tubac(artist town).
There we went in and out of a few jewellery stores and art galleries.
Lee and I visited with an old friend Olivia Cabot of Cabot |Galleries.
At 85 years young, she is actively walking history on American Art and the art world.
She also owns the oldest adobe in Arizona and possibly one of the older structures in the USA!
No images of her this time around..
but they are coming.
Tubac is famous for it's artist colony and they do not disappoint.
But like everything else it does not stay the same..
many changes have taken place..
not all were what I liked,
but I still found my type of art.
From Tubac we travelled across the road to the Spice Factory and it appeared as if they were getting ready for a huge shipment . No workers present and no one in the store!The smell of spice is at times over whelming but the interest is in the old photographs on the wall. Many a famous cowboy and cow gal were in that area in the 30's and 40's.Moving on we then went to Tumacacori Monument..
Threat of rain made for some delicious clouds... and the sky was inky blue to the north of us...
Tumacocori is a part of American Southwest history and the route the Catholics took on their way to California(images yet to be edited..oops sorry)
From here we travelled back towards South Tucson to visit Saint Xavier... beautiful Papago Reservation... this church is an active church and in use so visitors must be very respectful of local events that are church related.
There was a big thing going on and we only glimpsed at the Church and kept going.
Rain clouds now moving in fast...
Luckily we made that great Chinese Buffet before the heavens opened up!!
This appeared to be one of the favourite finds for our friends!!!
The day ended in the saguaro forest..
for sundown..and it appears I do not yet have these images edited either!!!
Oh well...later for the pics please.
The next day we were off to Biosphere 2.. and I will use a new post for that.
Thanks for your patience on this I am getting there...
we enjoy your company along our adventures
and please do stay tuned as there are more to come..
Peace



Love your adventures, hope I have a chance to do it in the future.
ReplyDelete