First off,
we WERE going to have a day where we simply did nothing..
yeah..
maybe next week!lol
Some old friends came by to visit..
they had just been to Best Friends.Org volunteering and Jodie(my pal) came back with the loveliest(OK in the pure sense of the word that is a misnomer)dog.. Figgins!
He is a 4 year old cross between a small Schnauzer and a dachshund!
He is absolutely adorable..
and has a fantastic forever home now
."Figgy" looks like a McDuff.. and he just won my heart.
Next we have decided that in order to be able to continue walking upright without canes
we HAVE to buy a better mattress.
Now we have a top of the line Heartland 5 Th wheel..
but....
and this is huge.
There were some things that did not add up.
The dealer Kelowna RV and Truck in West Kelowna exchanged almost everything in our unit to others of less value, to make them more attractive.
I told them put out it all back or the deal is off.
Well I caught them on the furniture, but never ever thought of the mattress.
So either we got an inferior(thanks Heartland) one to begin with
or it was more shenanigans from that dealer..
who by the way gets no recommendations from moi!
So we ordered a sleep by number mattress
and it will be here in a few days.
AND we are neighbours to a lovely guy from Alberta that is an RV repair man!!!!
He has a sleep number mattress and will help, if needed putting it all together.
We then went three places before we found the ladder we needed and a step stool,
as I cannot reach the top cabinets!
Short ass huh?
I also got a table cloth for outside and clips to hold it down
and a doggies water dish.
Just in case one of my little friends comes by on a walk and needs a drink!
Lee also picked up step covers as they get downright slippery when wet or icy(up north you know)
And we now have a lovely folding coffee table for our living room.
It is wonderful and looks downright super.
We also picked up a mop thing to keep the truck looking clean and the RV too.
Got a water container for drinking
(come on people I do not drink anything but bottled water... not for the last 20 years).
So I am telling you these things are my Christmas presents.
I was hoping for bling but I guess not this year..again! sigh!
So our day was completely gone,
but I also got my laundry done.
in my washing machine and hung to dry!
Today I thought.. desert!
No and this is due to me and me only.
I am anal about clean..
and my windows are so damn dirty that it looks cloudy out.
So I am doing a "blue job" today and cleaning my windows.
Why......... many of you ask?
Because I have a brand new ladder and with Lee's back he cannot
and I will not let him..
he leaves streaks!
Just a note to anyone who has never RV'ed.
There are PINK jobs and BLUE jobs if you are with another person.
Traditionally women take the pink jobs
and guys do the blue jobs..
there is no way I am connecting o disconnecting the sewer hoses OK!
That is a BLUE job!!!
Windows are as well...
but that is where, for us the line blurs.
I like whistle clean windows..
and Lee could care less.
He is a smart cookie don't ya think?
So I am cleaning windows today..
and looking for an animal shelter to volunteer at.
Thanks for taking a peek at our day
and thank you so much for joining us
We love having you along
Peace
LOL @ Gaye/Big Sis I guess as I am Lone Wolfe I have to do BOTH pink and blue jobs with Discovery! Oh well...And you know how anal MOI is about keeping things clean...Sounds like it was a "to do" day yesterday. Good for ya, as it IS your home... Hugs, L'il Bro
ReplyDeleteThis was just toooo funny "blue jobs-pink jobs".Like Steve I do em all. You should have seen my trailer and truck last summer after I hit the leftover of a moose carcass on the highway. Moose dung was splattered everywhere and oh does it stick worse than glue.At least you end up with a decent mattress.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice down day.
As long as you are not making Lee wearing pink, I am OK with whatever colourful job you dish out.. lol
ReplyDelete