First off, Maggie is doing fantastic at her Auntie Linda's...
despite Maggie usurping foster brother Spencer's bed!
Maggie is doing well after her surgery
and is quite a lady about doing her business outside
and being well behaved inside.
Has not barked yet...
We are getting closer to the time we get to pick her up...
and to that end....
Lee and I bought a lovely crate and it is already hooked up to the seat belt in the back seat of our truck,
a new bed inside with a lovely colourful blanket rolled to make bumper pads..
found a cute little dog chew and a squeak toy..
Got her a parachute material pink reflective leash
and a neat set of food and water dishes.
Some organic treats... no preservatives... yummy.
Took photos of a couple of beautiful dogs here in the RV park..
a" Foxy" and a" Figgins"..
and you may recall Figgins comes from Best Friends.Org.
Lovely pets...
Then Lee and I decided to go see what the Saturday night dance here was like.
Now if you know us
you KNOW Lee does not dance..
but being the sweetheart that he is,
he went with me, so I was not alone.
Well attended and lots of food to snack on..
The band.. er ...um... how can I describe them
and stay to my "being nice" path..
they were loud... really loud.
I am pretty certain all the events I have attended in my lifetime were all too loud
and thus why I am hard of hearing now..
but moving on.. the band...
They were playing for beers...
does that tell you anything?
Danced three dances and the first one lasted so damn long
I thought my knees would explode!!!
LMBO!!!
Now I moved in to sit next to my guy and whispered..
oh did I say whisper?
Yeah NOT!!!
I said "wanna go"?
Big smile..
looks at me with hope in his eyes.
"you"?
Man we could not get out of there fast enough.
Now the people were having a good time..
at least some were..
but I looked around
and I saw some seriously unhappy folks..
it was so sad to see this.
Not because it is Christmas..
but it is always sad to see folks seemingly trapped by their own choices.
Life is so short when you think about it..
and why anyone would prefer unhappy to happy
is just not a choice I understand.
So we left the loud band of weird guys wearing Hawaiian shirts, ball caps and sport shorts.
The crowd of wilding weaving ladies
and men brave enough to go out on that dance floor
and pretend they knew what the heck they were doing..
another couple of drinks and it would not matter.
It was fun but simply not something we wanted to spend the evening doing..
it is quiet here and we are enjoying it..
I think that officially makes us OLD!!!!
Thanks again for all your good wishes for us with our new addition..
and please be kind to yourself,
to others
and all those around you..
it is just too much energy to do otherwise.
Peace
Quiet is good. Well in a few days, you will be busy with your new baby, it is like starting a new life again, it's all good! Congrats!
ReplyDelete