Thursday, December 27, 2012

30 Pieces of Silver

There are things that happen that defy reason or logic.
Things that come at you out of the blue and take the very breath right out of your lungs.
 It is like being sandbagged or sucker punched.

Some time ago I attempted to adopt a dog from the Bill Foundation out of Los Angeles.
 They were very nice but they only adopt locally..
 I was pretty sad as they had a little dog I wanted.. Micah
You may have seen his rescue.
That is what started all of this.

Someone I THOUGHT was a friend
 OFFERED to go to a Samaritan Shelter where she was.

 I said"are you sure"?

Yes, she had a dog and was not going to be getting another.

So off she went.. five times,took pictures of five, sent them to us.
We picked two, one was grabbed  by a rescue group and the other was not available..
but wait there was a new one.. instant love.." get her"!
So this little scruffy fur baby was adopted..
 and had to be spayed.. good , go ahead.
But she also had a umbilical hernia..
 operate and fix it too.

Then the manipulation started,
 well wait.. why not..
 give her a chance to heal
and the other dog will be available.
OK..but on the 23rd I was not getting updates of a dog WE named..
what is going on?
I called and was told that she was not going to give her to us!!!
I was so upset..
We had bought a crate, dishes and leash and collars.. treats and toys.
Oh my word... I was devastated.

So I said nothing and asked her to please reconsider.
 She called at 11 am on Christmas Day..
 she said and I quote.."Come and get your dog, I was never not going to give her to you"

Beyond thrilled.
We left early in the morning for a 6.5 hour drive and got there..
 only to be whisked to the animal shelter to see the other dog..
 I was not enthused and wanted to go see our Maggie.

OMG she is adorable..
 small soft and so beautiful.
Every opportunity to bond with her were manipulated by this woman..
 she interfered in every area of any attempts.
She accused me of giving her too many treats
 and making her hyper.
 She accused me of MAKING her jump up on furniture..
me who sits on the floor to be closer to her..
Both Lee and I were starting to feel really uncomfortable..
 this is a woman who has a dog a
and can buy anything anytime that she wants..

Maggie came into the room we were in where I had her new doggie bed..
 complete with  bed buddy.
Lee was awake and going to see her when the woman was outside making her presence known AGAIN!!!
 and when Maggie went to see her the door got closed..
 Lee opened it back up
 but by then the woman was in her living room with Maggie..

I got up at 5 and went to sit in the family room...
 hoping Maggie would come see me.
Well she did and we snuggled on the floor for about forty minutes..
 it was fabulous..
 but again interference.. and this time it is food!!!
Now what dog do you know does not want food?

I wanted to go out with Maggie when she was outside to do her "business".
Again not going to happen..
 and Maggie started coughing and I attempted to soothe her throat but again... interference.
As the woman was rounding the corner
she said and again I quote"I do not know if I can give her to you"
I replied "yes you can, she is ours"
She then said.." No I do not have to" 
and her name is on the papers

I could not do this again..
my breath left me.
and I went and asked Lee if he would get up right now as we had to go..
He said OK...
 and the woman said to me..
 in a very cold and matter of fact manner
 "Can we talk"?
No..
 I have been betrayed.. it is 30 pieces of silver
I was and am so sad about all of this..

We drove right back to Arizona...
 and Lee is so tired and drained..
 he is so sad for me and really for both of us
as he really liked Maggie a lot.

Now I am not there in this woman's house and I am more then certain HER story to her husband who DID NOT WANT ANOTHER DOG!!!! is completely spun so she does not look bad..
but believe me no one on earth could look worse.

When a person acts in this manner,
it has a habit of coming back to bite them in the ass.
I simply do not care about that..
 but I pray little Maggie has a great home with one of the most selfish people I have ever met..

So no dog and frankly at this point,
I cannot go into a shelter again with the idea of adopting..
I am simply worn to a nubbin over this..

Thanks for being excited for us and wanting to share our joy over finding a dog after almost 15 years
We wish you ,
each of you
 Peace


6 comments:

  1. I am absolutely speechless. Just remember what goes around comes around. Don't give up there is another Maggie around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaye, be strong, we have always adopted and some of them found us and asked to be part of our family. Best friends we ever had. When it is meant to be you will not have a choice. We are so sorry this did not work out for you and Lee. You can come spend time with our Elska anytime!
    Tom and Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Sis, I don't know what to say...WHY are people like that? WHY make you go through all that trouble, driving all that distance, and not follow through? Well, that person is Bad Karma, and not worth your time playing the events back over in your head. If it was meant to be, it WILL happen. You have to convince yourself of that, and I know you already believe that. If there is ANY thing I can do to help you get a dog that you hear or read about that is in the Los Angeles area, I'll be your Go To person. Please don't hesitate to ask. -- Hugs, L'il Bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaye and Lee,
    Words can't express our heartfelt sadness for both of you.
    When you hurt, we hurt.
    We can't ask for more wonderful, loving and caring friends who are family to us.
    Please know that we are with you each and every step that you both take during this hard, and sad time.
    love always, Laura, Gordon and Millie too

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a let-down, Gaye. My heart goes out to you. When you get out this way there are many foster dogs available, Hershey being one but there are others to choose from. Little Banjo is a miniture Australian Shepherd who is so loveable too. He's been in the shelter since he was 2 months old...now he's 10 months old and really deserves a home. Four pups have been rescued just this week...the list goes on. So, as upset as you are now which is very understandable, keep the faith. You won't go home empty handed from this area, guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete