Thursday, February 28, 2013

Saying Good Bye to Miss Millie

Now some of you already know that Lee and I were lucky enough to call a wee spirited dog our God Dog.. this was Little  Miss Millie.
I know that every dog is special and each of them bring so much to the lives they touch.
But Millie was really special...
 and I mean this in so many ways.

We first met her at a photo shoot out in Tofino BC...
 she was with her mom & dad, Gordon and Laura Howe.
This little ball of fluff made friends with everyone and it was love at first sight.
She was NOT a barky ,yappy little soul.
But she had a tail that constantly told everyone how delighted with her new life she was.
I hear tell the first years of her life were harsh and not at all happy.
But when she adopted Gord and Laura she knew what she was doing..

Millie came to our place early on so her parents could go on a holiday..
she resided in a large wicker basket during night time right beside our bed.She had her own pink blanket and ice cream cone water and food dishes.
 She went for walks and charmed everyone in her path with her gentle soul and honest joy.
Millie loved flowers and most likely because her dad was so darn good at picking just the right ones to plant... and so Millie loved our flowers too.

Millie joined us on many a trip and many an adventure.
We have memories of her in Arches National Park,Moab, Canyon lands, Goblin State Park, and of course Tofino and Campbell River.
 She also attended the big week long shoot out in Osoyoos BC.
Millie had become the photographers dream dog, our mascot.
.and we all had her on our lap at one time or another.

I felt the Island was too damp and cold for her when she got older
 and had this wonderful lady from Osoyoos knit her sweaters..
oh my Millie had Valentine sweaters, St Patty's day, Christmas, Easter and everything in between sweaters.
She also had to have a rain coat and a down filled jacket for when it got colder.
And to her dad's chagrin she even got a pair of boots to wear.
She might just have been one the best dressed doggies on Vancouver Island..

She had a grand daughter named Gabrielle and these two played and were best buddies for a long time.. Gabrielle will definitely miss her.
Millie also had the sweetest little tiny cat named Mollie as her friend..
Mollie passed away awhile ago, but I know she was waiting for Millie across the Rainbow Bridge.

Lee and I have many many memories of this wonderful wee dog
and will treasure them forever.
Right now her mom and dad are feeling kinda sad..
and they will definitely miss this little bundle of love.
But in their hearts and ours as well
Millie will live on forever.

We do not say good bye...
 we say until we meet again..
run free little Miss Millie...

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Gaye,
    Gordon and I thankyou from the bottom of our hearts for this amazing blog. You brought smiles to our faces when you reminded us of all the happy memories we all shared with this bundle of sweetness.
    You and Lee opened your home not only to us but to our baby... I am also sure that she is looking down at the gorgeous flowers that came to our door last night. They are definitely what Millie would of loved to 'smell'. big hugs to our dearest friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet In Memoriam for Miss Millie, Gaye! I'd only seen photos of her, but I knew she was a special member of the family, so my condolences go out to Laura and Gordon, and to you. I'm sure she'd be wagging her tail in delight at what you've written here. -- Best Wishes, Steve

    ReplyDelete