Thursday, February 14, 2013

Warm days and cool nights-Texas style

Well someone suggested I pace myself
or I would wear myself right out.
That might have been prophetic.
So I am indeed slowing down a bit..

Let me bring you all up to date..
 I went with Mary and pals to a wonderful ranch that houses the Cinderella Pet Rescue foundation.
Big ranch with 40 dogs and several cats, some burros , a couple of horses and some fantastic people.
We walked dogs all over different pastures
 and we talked with dogs to socialise them..

I met Sienna.. a beautiful but shy dog
 that really was a sweetie pie on her walk and our talk.
I met Awesome and I have to tell you all right off
 IF I did not already have my dogs
this dog would be mine.. like yesterday.
 A gorgeous big dog and really truly a wonderful animal.
I also met and walked Clover
 who had spent her life tied up and with no one to care about her.
She had chewed her teeth down to a the gums..
 but you would not meet a sweeter dog any where.
Found a tick on her and anyone that knows me knows it is the ONLY thing on earth that grosses me out..
I did not freak out..
I know for certain that there are seriously good people in this world.
 I met them volunteering at this place of NO KILL.

From there I went to a Margarita night and this is a place of fun, food and margaritas..
 I do not drink.......... but the food I had was fantastic..
Mary was presented a beautiful painting of her dog Houdi.
She and her wonderful rescued pet came in first in the dog parade and fund raising..
all in all the monies raised for the Cinderella Pet Rescue was a bit over$2000.00.
This is a testament of the Park's residents for this fund raising.
I was duly impressed.

Now I have not finished cleaning the outside of the RV yet
as I have been busy being a Puppy Mom..
walks are mandatory.. and what fun we have.

Rascal will not go without Scamp and she must lead.
Now we stop and talk and I am now on the other end of people only knowing me as Scamp and Rascal's mom!
Scamp is good with socialising
 but Rascal is still extremely happy and exuberant with wanting to play with every BIG dog here.
They are not always as enthusiastic about him!
Today he met a Morkie that is a 5 pounder and older
and they actually played and oh the fun!

Took the pups to the dog park as there were no other dogs there.
 We went into the agility park.
.and you are all gasping saying "WHAT"?
Well please let me announce that Scamp not only walked up the skinny ramp,
 but managed to get down gracefully and then went right up the big wide ramp.. no issues!
She would have jumped through the tire
 but could not get high enough off the ground.
 I was amazed.
Rascal was not so brave or successful with any of the apparatus!
Oh well.

Today we went to Costco and that was fun.. managed to constrain myself.
Went to Petco too... got flea and tick stuff.. and holy cow that is expensive..
Went to H.E.B.- a great food store..
and we also introduced Mary to Golden Corral buffet..
I believe it was a hit.

Another full day, and still did not get the RV finished.. ah.. tomorrow.
But it will have to be before 1 pm
as we are invited to a private party and it is a fish fry!
So that is fantastic... shrimp and they are fresh caught!
Saturday morning we are going with Mary to a pancake breakfast.
Should be a nice change.

I attended( for maybe 15 minutes) a camera club meeting.
 There was a lady there that simply does not let anyone speak
 and anyone that does not agree with what she is saying, is wrong.
 I asked a simple question, but apparently it was too complicated fro her.
I suggested that perhaps I needed to be somewhere else..
 and thanked the people and excused myself.. phew!
Cannot bring myself to be involved in anyone else's drama..
too nice a day for that..

So my friends, life is good and going altogether too fast now.
Weather is fabulous, cool nights and warm fragrant days..
with lovely people that are very friendly
We walk every where here in the park and as I say,
people are generous with their goodness.

Thanks for joining us once again..
 we always look forward to having you along.
Be kind to yourself and others..
And could you maybe pay it forward this Friday?

Peace

1 comment: