Well now. let's see..
1. Walk doggies... and they really boogie and cover a lot of ground for two wee things that do not weight 8 pounds together!
2. Find friend Mary and go for a walk with her and her beautiful dog Houdi( pronounced Hoodie)!
3 Decide that maybe due to Houdi's desperate beginnings and as he was feral for a long time.. he had to eat small rodents to survive and unfortunately the puppies look kinda like food to Houdi!
So keep them separated.
4. Dog park is very wet and muddy first thing,
so my little imps are not going to be playing in the mud!
Too much work for me after.
5.Pack puppies into the crate and off the three humans go to another adventure!
6.Now HOLY CRAP is what comes to mind..
Mary told us about this place you can go and get stuff.
New stuff and it is all on the floor and you just plough through it..
well hey that sounded like fun so OK lets go.
OMG..
Mountains of stuff on a big warehouse floor..
I mean mountains..
There are people up on these mounds of stuff, some are up to their shoulders in stuff.
I was gobsmacked, pure and simple.
I had never ever seen anything like this in my entire life.
Maybe on World Vision or National Geographic where people dig through land fill for stuff.
Honest to goodness I was just flabbergasted and still am..
I do not know how anyone finds anything .
It might be that there could possibly be some little old ladies still up to the eye brows in stuff.
I simply did not know what the hell to do...
Mary found me the MOST amazing king size quilted bedspread that is a Laura Ashley!
I got a towel(big deal) for the dog shelter
and a felt travel blanket for under the dogs while in the truck..
I also got a dandy rug for outside the RV.
It all cost(by the pound) 4 bucks!!!
I simply could not get into climbing the mountain of stuff to start pitching things every which way.. but with some encouragement I could..
what a blast..
what I do not understand is where does all this stuff come from?
I think that it is donated stuff that we all think is going to help people
but I think someone is making a LOT of money on this type of stuff.
7.H.E.B... this is a grocery store and it makes Costco look small!
They have a sushi bar f crorying out loud!
I went in for a few things and came out with a few more then intended.
Now tell me is that not normal?
8. Back to the park..
and lunch with my wonderful natural honey ham
and the worst Genoa salami I have ever tasted.
Oh well 1 out of 2..
that is an OK start..
9 Just finished up with the dishes and Mary was here..
the fresh vegetable guy was here and I should go with her..
holy cow...
Pineapples cut and cored right there,
beautiful fresh and clean veggies..
and Texas Red Rio Grapefruit.. my favourite
$5 for lemons, grapefruit and pineapple.
Every Tuesday at 2:30 this guy arrives and wow.. is that a good thing.
10. Just kinda settling into the afternoon and grabbed a listen to a jam session..
that was fun and I had a terrific conversation with a retired professor from the east coast of Canada..
11. Had most of our roof fixed..
the guy ran out of supplies and is going to get a new light and vent cover for us..
no........... don"t pay now
I will be back tomorrow, you can pay then".
12 The rowdies went by in a parade of decorated bikes..
it is after Mardi Gras.. fantastic..
13. Washed half the RV and ran out of light..
14......................... man am I tired..
puppies have crashed and I am not far behind..
What a day.
Tomorrow I am going to Cinderella Pet Rescue with Mary and we will walk dogs for two hours
our RV roof and stuff will be all new again and for under $300. 00
and we did not have to move off our site!
I will finish washing the RV and do the windows
and Lee will pour himself a big BEER and sit back and play gentleman of leisure..
he gets to do that as he does all the driving and heavy duty stuff..
so sit back Lee and enjoy..you earned it.
Weather is amazing.. flowers are gorgeous.
Thanks for hanging out with us today..
we liked having you join our crazy adventures..
tune in as I am certain there will be more..
have I told you I LOVE TEXAS!!!
Be good to each other and to yourself.
As always
PEACE
Gosh! Makes me wish we were there too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you've finally GOT there!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOK Lady, pace yourself or you will wear yourself out before you know it. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are having a good time.