Well it is high desert looking and dryer then dust in the 30's on the prairies!
At times it seems as though we are going into a white out,
instead of snow or sand it is dust..
swirling masses of dust.
half of this part of Texas is already in four other states by now!
We arrived in good time, with today being a somewhat restless one for the puppies.
Not so many places to get out and walk and the wind..
well suffice to say they needed little coats with rocks in the pockets
to keep them from being blown away!
Fort Stockton is interesting in that I have no idea what people do here or why!
It is sort of flat.
Sort of dust coloured
and sort of not much here..
The RV Park..Hill Top is nice enough,
not huge but I suspect it is a stop over spot for many coming and going.
The wind here is unfreaking believable..
all but blew us over.
It certainly tried very hard to rip one of our vents right off the roof.
You would think we might catch a break here,
but I am guessing not.
Not yet anyway.
I figure just add it to the list of stuff to fix when we get to Bentsen Palms.
Due to high winds we decided to NOT put up the satellite dish..
that is just way too expensive to be wind broken.
Because of the dust we also do not have any windows open..
but our fan is working rather well and we are doing just fine.
Snug as bugs you might say.
We set up and got the little ones all ready for a nap,
then we decided to go out for a steak(ah come on, you know I love them and rarely have one)
The one I wanted , they were sold out of.. the week-end you know!
No I do not know.. so I ordered some kind of char steak...???
and got a glorified hamburger.
Not bloody impressed.
The service was not bad
but not anything you might thing worthy of any kind of tip.
I did have a great salad though...
just once while we are here(anywhere here)
I would like to have a meal that is just so good I can rave to all of you about it.
Please just once is all I ask.
I did have sweet tea for the first time.. it was nice.
So tomorrow we will limp on down the highway to Kerrville, Texas..
the last of the one night stands before Mission, Texas.
Am looking forward to seeing an old friend Mary and being back at Bentsen Palms..
it is really a beautiful park..
We will be there until March 10th, then onto Hill Country.
So the roaming continues
and we are so pleased to have this opportunity to share it with all of you.
Thank you for coming along on our crazy adventures.
We would ask that you be kind to each other and yourselves
and please Pay It Forward when ever you can.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment