It is warm here with a nice breeze blowing the dead stop humidity around.
Providing a great tropical climate and one I dearly am enjoying.
Nothing like seeing giant palms blowing in the wind.
We went to a flea market nearby and have to tell you
it was so damn windy
that I thought we would all end up on CNN news
because the entire structure collapsed!
Not a lot of stuff that was of any interest
and frankly I think most of it was either a knock off the the real thing
or garage sale junk!
I really enjoyed the 3 guy band entertaining those brave enough to be out in that dust blowing wind!
We went to a tractor store as our friend Mary wanted to get dog food
but it turns out the one we were at............ was not the one she wanted to be at!
OOPS!
Interesting store I will say..
Got back to the park and took pup-pets for a walk..
they loved it but almost blew away!
Good thing they were on leash.
It was Margarita night.... the margaritas were not that good
but man oh man the food spread that was there
was incredible and oh so yummy.
We left that and joined our Circle 300 folks in the palapa..
seems each circle or RVs has a number
and a the center is either a palapa or a club house ..
ours is a lovely thatched(palm fronds) structure
and many of the folks for our circle were there..
there was a "token"(their words not mine) American!
All others were Caunuckians..
but lest they start feeling big for their britches
I may remind you they were all from either Ontario or Manitoba!! Harrumph.
So we were the TOKEN Flakes from La la Land..
otherwise known as British Columbia!
This was fun with some of them..
and as in all groups..........
not everyone makes the Christmas card greeting list..
oh well!
Beautiful evening and I decided that the Puppy Poppa was staying home
and puppy sitting while Momma went out to Karaoke night..
NO I DID NOT SING!!!
Gawd almighty................... are ya crazy even thinking that?
But there were some folks that I had been advised were very good.
I think it was them that suggested this!
What I have learned from this type of statement is that it is definitely subjective.
One man was fantastic.. and had such a great voice.
He was a real nice gentleman..
his wife was a lovely women..
and her singing was..
well she was a lovely woman.
The other folks were ..
er..
well...
filled with Margaritas and sounded like it..
but I had a great time..
Have not laughed that hard in a long time..
at one point I had tears I was laughing so hard!
And so ended yet another day in Southern Texas..
Have I told you all how much I love Texas? I do...
Quiet afternoon here, too dang hot to do much..
My kindle up and died..
and Lee ordered me a nice new Paper White..
can hardly wait for it to arrive..
supposed to be here Saturday.
Glad you could join in on the fun with us again.
Sure is fun having you along.
Take care and please be kind to all you encounter.
You could in effect change someones life by extending your own sense of kindness.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment