Sunday, February 24, 2013

Been busy

Well it seems everyday has new adventures and new stuff to encounter.

As we are on the border there are helicopters all night long it seems..
and I am not exaggerating this fact.
Whup whup whup in the dead of night and first thing in the mornings.
I guess that is when the drugs and the people smuggling takes place.
We happened to watch Border Wars
 and frankly that is enough to scare the crap out of anyone.
 It is all about the Texas border and towns were are in or were just in shopping!
People here are very blase about it
but I guess when you live with it sooooo long
you do become somewhat reticent about it.
I live on a border with the state of Washington
and may I say how grateful I am that we have not reached this level of smuggling or danger.

Now on to things that are not so scary...
we went to a BBQ house on the recommendation of our friend Mary,
it is called" 492".
You must call ahead to order ribs.. and we did..
 so away we went at 4 pm...
 now the house is nice and in an area that apparently looks just like you would find in Mexico..
 not having been , we did not notice this.
The ribs arrived and oh my word...
 they were good.
Pricey.. but enjoyable
.Place is run and staffed by Hispanics.. and they were most gracious to us.

We tried yet another store to try and buy meat..
but honestly this place was the worst yet!!!
No purchases made for us and the store smelled like it had been there for 100 years
 and never washed out.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Lee and I attended a coffee morning and it was fun..
we filled our own cups with hot chocolate mix and then added de caf coffee once there.
Donuts were incredible.. had a twister.. yummy.
Met a lovely woman (native Texan) and two folks from Iowa..really nice people.

I have learned in taking the pup-pets for their daily walk,
that there are people who do exactly what I have done in the past..
 remembered the dogs and forgotten the people!
I am guilty of that very situation.
So, I am now known as the "Puppies Mom"!
 I have no clearer identity then that either.
I take them to the agility park every time we go walking
and they climb the ramps and teeter totter
 and do whatever they can and run around like crazy( off leash).
Now maybe this is no big deal to any of you and I appreciate that.
BUT I am desperately hoping that in doing this
 they will get tired and sleep when we get home!!
These little creatures have SO much energy,
it is not even comprehensible!

So after walking, playing, jumping , running and greeting every single dog, person and rolling leaf we finally make it back..
 thank goodness,
 Puppy Mom needs a rest!

The big BBQ here at the park is on and we have tickets to go to it.
Great music and people every where..
Brisket, beans, potato salad, onions, cold tea and cookies..
 and I liked the potato salad..
Mary's beautiful dog got my brisket and I hope he has an easier time of chewing it then I did.. honestly I do not know what has happened
 but the food is just the pits.
AND just so you know,
I was not the only one that said so either.
So it was not just me.

Today there is a craft and art show.. right here.
How convenient.. but at the point I am at...
I am going to reserve any hope that I will find wonderful things.
 I want to be disappointed in that.
I have always held high hopes at these events and never been disappointed.
Somehow when someone now says to me
"that is fantastic"
or "they are fabulous"
 or"it is the best yet"
I must always remember these statements
ARE ALWAYS SUBJECTIVE.

It has been over cast here in the mornings,
 and hotter then a pistol in the afternoons..
 evenings are totally wonderful
but last night there was something in the air..
 not sure if it was smog, haze, or smoke..
but it was weird and hard to breath.

Today is yet another day to enjoy and greet with optimism..
 and may I just add, it is also my first born's birthday..
Happy Birthday Michellene...
 hope your |
"Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" party was the best yet!

Thanks for coming along with us on our adventures,
 We enjoy your presence and comments.
Be kind to each other and those that cross your path..
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment