Monday, March 4, 2013

Mind wandering

Well... it is almost time for us to be moving on again..
in another six days we will pick up stakes and move unto Hill Country to visit with someone we consider to be a good and valued friend..

Being here in Mission, Texas has been educating in so many ways.
Hearing what life is like from a Texans point of view and seeing what it is like for the illegals.
.it is really hard for a Canadian to truly appreciate the whole story
as it is constantly changing.
I feel many times when we venture out of the park
that we are no longer in the USA!
I am in no way suggesting that this is a bad thing,
 it is simply very odd to experience.

Many of the folks here are from Ontario and Manitoba...
 they are leaving by the dozen each day now
 as they must start the long trek back home
.So the park is emptying out and seems odd when I go for a walk.

Speaking of walking,
 I am having problems with my wee male doggie.
 He was attacked by a bigger dog and scared him silly.
 The lady that had the attacker is quite elderly and very frail.
She simply could not handle her dog.
The gentleman apologised to me and asked if he needed to pay any vet bills.
That was kind.. none needed
but I think we are going to need a doggie shrink!
So I take the little pups to the little dog park
but there are two rescues here and their owner is a lovely person.. just really clueless!
 His dog has taken a run at Rascal through the fence twice now....
 then I asked this man to please leash his dogs so I could get out..
 I have to walk through the BIG DOG park to get out..
well he brings his dog up to me face to face and his dog went ballistic..
 scared the crap out of me..
 never mind my poor puppy.
So now Rascal does not want to go for a walk or to the park.. not a big deal.
I will not go to the park anyway..
 it is a dangerous place for small dogs.
We have some major work ahead of us..
Cannot keep them clean either as there is so much dust in the wind that the puppies feel like yuck...

It was cold one day and today it was so hot, that one could barely breathe..
 have no darn idea what to wear when morning comes along..
 it is cold(jeans and sweatshirts) but by 11 am it is steaming hot and very very windy...
and there were alligators visible on the river side of the dike!!!
Time to move on..

I am anxious to get to our friends to visit
as it has been four years since we last saw each other...
Then we will hurry back to Tucson as we are having our puppies spayed and neutered..
 then on to a park with friends from home for two weeks..
then the trek home..
.I am so hoping that when we get back Lee and I will find a house to buy
 because RV Living 24-7 in simply not for either of us..
 I need walls...

Thanks for listening to my ramblings..
we are coming to a close of another winter and winding down...
We always enjoy having you join us and whatever you take from this we hope it is with friendship and a laugh or two.

Be kind to each other always and to yourselves.
Peace.

PS am going to be changing up my camera gear after Yellowstone..
BIG TIME
Watch for it...

4 comments:

  1. Spoiler Alert!


    Welcome to Nikon!
    Whoo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, it's no point keeping a heap of that stuff if ypu don't use them... Esp when you have a change of life style. The new trends are not upgrading DSLR any more, it is upgrading the cell phones to get a better phone camera! A lot of people changed from iphone 4 to iphone 5 just because of the onboard camera. I can see that the Canon M series in your purse for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear a murmur in the air....sounds like 'upgrade'.... Now, how to market the old lens for the new one! That new 80-400 Nikon lens sounds like it's finally caught up to Canon. The 100-400mm lens was always my favourite! Have fun deciding, Gaye!

    ReplyDelete