Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BUSY BUSY DAY

Well now where to start?
Gayle picked us up at 10 am and away we went...
and may I say it might be dry here and not many flowers,
 BUT the company is great and the sights were not at all bad either.

We were on a mission so to speak and the first stop was the The Wild Seed Store.
Now at home in Britis Columbia we have all sorts or marvelous outdoor garden/kitsch stores..
but this one simply takes top honours.
It is a gorgeous setting surrounded by fields of Drummond phlox and other delights.
Pots of every hue and shape,
wind chimes of all interesting sizes and materials..
 little water treatments and big waterfalls.

 Inside there is a wonderland of colour
 and everything for the enthusiast in outdoor living.
I wanted a peacock glass wind chime so badly.. seriously it was beautiful.
Then I saw a glass birdbath in glorious colours and thought
 "OH I MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO"!
I have NO WHERE to put them ..wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

There were kitschy little things and wonderful artful things.
 I showed Gayle a lovely painted wall hanging of red poppies
and I wanted that as well.

They had wine tasting there(did not participate in that)
and all sorts of goodies to try..
we bought some Cactus Margarita jelly and some Peach salsa.. oh yummy.

Outside we encountered butterflies in the dainty dianthus potted plants..
they...... both flowers and b-flys were wonderful.

This place just went on and on.
I got separated from everyone and found myself in the clothing section..
 well who the heck knew it was there??
I went in ..just to look you see.
Well bless my soul.
 I ended up with two of the prettiest skirts and a really gorgeous silk hand painted jackety kind of thing.. colours that matched both skirts!
Hey if I cannot buy glass pretties
 I might as well help out the economy in any way I can .
Right?
This place was really MY kind of place
 and I am so grateful to Gayle for thinking we both would like it.
If you really know me
you know I was vibrating, I was having so much fun.

Now we passed so many new wineries and they all looked great and we found some really nice looking RV parks..
and all very close to Fredriksburg.
What a great little town, 10,700 folks and not a big box store to be seen.
Again my kind of place..
we were to have lunched there but there were so many people that was not going to happen.
We could NOT even find a parking spot.
So we absolutely have to come back and not at Spring Break!

We stopped down the road at a Pecan store and picked up fresh pecans..
we liked the Kiowa and the Wichita pecans..
 really so much better then anything we ever tried before.

As we planned on lunch and that was not going to happen
we tried one more place a Pink Pig Roast..
 cute BBQ place that was PACKED SOLID and had at least an hours wait.
 Not going to happen..
so we stopped in for an ice cream and decided on an early dinner.

The four of us went to a place called Russo's and it over looked a bay area of Marble Falls.
 Lovely place and service was nice.
 I finally had my steak and I thought mine was delicious.
Enjoyed every aspect of dinner and found the company the best part.
On our way out, there was this painting or what I thought was a painting on the wall.
 On closer inspection it was a canvas done in a pale sort of yellow and had peacock feathers on it.. now what made this so very incredible
it was boken shards of wine bottles and cut to form the feathers of a peacock!
 Three large feathers and done intricately in glass.
I was so amazed.
You can find beauty almost anywhere..

Today we are off to Llano to Cooper's BBQ and that will most likely be insane with people..
but the neat thing is, I have only recently learned that Elaine Talbert will be there too.
 I have known Elaine for so many years now
 and we have never actually met..
 so she and her husband Mack are driving down or up.. whatever... from Ft Worth to meet us!!!

So I must sign off again
 but please know we love having you along for the adventures..
and as always wish each of you the very best life has to offer.
Be kind to yourselves and to others please.
Peace

PS my spell check is not working today for some reason... so excuse any errors!

2 comments:

  1. What more can I say, but...keep on with the Good Times! And enjoy. And please give Elaine a big hug for me, Big Sis. -- L'il Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're getting to visit with really great people! Curious though that I have never thought of Texas and wineries in the same sentence.
    Hopefully the recent rains will bring on some flowers before you start heading back.
    Hi to everyone!

    ReplyDelete