Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Enjoyment

This comes in many forms and in some strange ways..
We are in a park we would not ordinarily chose to stay in.
 But we have friends here and really wanted to see them.
They are great company and good fun.

So our enjoyment comes from visiting with them...
And their precious dear Silky Terrier "Spice".
Getting the 100 dollar tour of the facilities here and boy do they have facilities!
The swimming pool is a salt water one and really one of the NICEST we have encountered anywhere. Hot tub too.
Lots of rooms for all sorts of things and gatherings.
One of which was a Jam Session with maybe 17 people participating.
 Two Mandolins, three mouth organs, a gorgeous fender guitar,banjo and a fiddle.. then the rest were guitars.. The oldest performer and quite bloody possibly the best one there was an 80 year old pistol of a gal..
Some sang and should not have..
Others sang and you wished they would sing more..
Some played very well and some just well um.. played.
It was two hours of fun and I was delighted to have gone..

The man behind us is from Washington and has a Yorkie-Poo and had a pen just like ours but never uses it anymore.. so for 20 bucks we bought it and now our kids have a great play pen to be in with out fear of attacks.. and it is on our spot in such a way that anyone walking anywhere near us can see them and stop and pat or talk to them.. ditto the other doggies.They love going out there and spent hours .. Lee reads whilst out there watching over the munchkins.

We attended a type of "End of Season" party given by folks we had not met..
 hell's bell's we did not know anyone there.
Lots of food... and all the women sat up on the porch
while all the men sat down in the carport..
well I went around and introduced myself to all the people
and said
 "no way am I sitting with you gals,
 have not done that since I was 14
and do not plan on starting it again"
Went and sat with Le and our friends with all the gents.
 Had an OK time..
but truly enjoyed all the doggies that walked by during the party..
I got to talk to each of them
.By the way I even dressed up and wore a skirt..
and NO there was not one picture taken either!lol

Our friend's dog had to go to the vet today and luckily everything worked out OK.
Thank goodness.

Tomorrow we are invited to a "Fish Fry", this time with Crappie, Walleye and Catfish..
We presented the gent from Kansas with some Western Canadian Pacific Halibut.
 Two huge pieces.
He was thrilled beyond measure.
I was tired of having it in my freezer and was way too much for us.. so glad to make his day!

We are going out for dinner for Easter.. to a cafe or some such kind of place.
Will be very nice I am certain.
 Looking forward to it.
Then a hair cut and a pedicure,
and then we leave for Valley of Fire.
 At that point I am for sure going to feel we really are coming home.

On the family front we just heard that the first born daughter and husband have finally found a house and made a purchase..
she is so excited and will have her new business studio in it..
Very exciting time for them and we are thrilled for them.
Hope to see it in June...

On that note. I want to thank you all for your continued interest in our journey and adventures..
We love having you come join us.
We really enjoy your feedback as well.

Be kind to yourselves and others..
and if you would not mind...
 please practise random acts of kindness when ever you can..
I offer you  all
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment