To Mack and Elaine Talbert of Ft Worth Texas for driving 3 and 1/2 hours just to come be here with us. I have known Elaine for a long time on the Internet and we have never ever met in real time. She has always called me her BC SIS.. and every time we planned to meet something came up and prevented it. NOT this time. and I am ever so grateful for Mack and Elaine for making time to come meet us at Coopers BBQ in Llano Texas.
I have to say Cooper's was again exceptional.. I ordered two ribs instead of a half rack.. and one pork chop.. holy cow.. I have never ever seen a bigger or better looking pork chop any where........... ever. It was delicious and will be Lee's dinner tomorrow along with one rib I could not eat.What a great place and boy did it fill up quickly, we were just so right getting there at 11 am.
The gifts for the puppies are a hit and they say woof, woof and woof.
The earrings will be a reminder and a treasure to keep always and I thank you for the hummingbirds..
But seriously that cake was AMFREAKINGAZING!!! Wow more then good.
We went back to Gayle and Johns' place and took the puppies and put their pen in the garage for them... they were(for puppies) well behaved and managed nicely NOT to make any type of mess.
We visited and did the "remember" thing of years gone by.
We left to bring puppies home and then changed for dinner..
we went to this little place called "Crazy Gals".
John and I had a Reuben sandwich.. not at all bad..
Mack had a chicken friend steak.. I have never ever had one of these and was not sure I ever would. But Mack is such a charmer he had me try some..
and surprise it was really good.
Gayle and Elaine had club sammys and guess what Lee had?
Yup your are right as rain.. a HAMBURGER!
Oh big surprise on that choice.
I had Chocolate Pecan Crunch pie and if you think it was good.
Guess again.. it was out of this world.. beyond good.
It was OMG good..
and as I had planned on sharing it with Lee
I do believe he got the short end of it as there was not a lot to share!!!
Shucky darn.
Elaine and Mack will return to Ft Worth tomorrow
but I want you all to know what wonderful, warm and friendly people they both are.
It really makes Lee and I so proud to know that we have people in our lives that are just so nice and so generous with their time and affections.
We so enjoyed meeting you finally and hope with all my heart it is NOT the last time..
you are part of what makes Texas so special to Lee and I.
John and Gayle, there are simply not enough words to thank you for your continued friendship and kindness shown to Lee and I.
We feel like you are "family" and make us feel so special.
There are not enough words to properly convey to you how we feel.
So thank you.
Be kind to yourselves and as always to others.
Peace
Sure 'sounds' like you're having fun!
ReplyDeleteNice to hear about everyone!