Saturday, March 23, 2013

Casa Grande AZ

Well we are here in a new park(to us) and our friends Don and Lorraine are also here.
They like it so much that they have a yearly leased spot.
 Made it their own in the unique way Lorraine has.. it is very nice.
This park is (to me ) huge.
 700 spots with many park models along with RV's.
It is a new situation for me as we have never stayed in a park quite like this.
Lorraine asked me what I actually liked in a park
and what was it that made me like one park over another.
I had a quick answer but then sat back and thought about it
and so many other things I might have said.
Imagine that !
Me thinking before I was about to speak! Huh!

I guess I like different things about different places
and if I could put all the things I like in one park
 it would be my ultimate place to go.
I have not had that pleasure as of yet,
and as we have wheels, we will continue to roll.

There is a lot to do here and I am blown away by how big this city is..
 I always thought it was an empty outlet mall on the highway and one or two parks and that was it. How wrong I was!
 It is a gorgeous place with the history preserved.
 We will go on Monday to photograph some of the old buildings..
 beautiful old stone structures.

Thanks to our "social director" aka Lorraine,
 we have several parties or get together to go to..
 that should be fun.
.A fish fry.. a house party and a jam session where we get to laugh and encourage would be musicians and old retired ones that still "got" it..
 I guess.

The Fry's store here is amazing and*** BIG***CLEAN***
and has terrific food choices..
I am thrilled.
Also has a Golden Corral.. oh yeah.

This has been a winter of serious change for us.
We became responsible for two tiny little dogs,
we have a brand new rig with bugs to work out..
we have a brand new truck that Lee just loves.
We did not take many photographs
and I see a big change in that aspect of our lives as well.
I am not interested in lugging heavy equipment over rocks and down washes any more..
I want something light, quick and relatively easy to manage..
I could seriously just go cellular if it was that easy!!!
But I am looking to purchase something new.
Lightweight and compact.
And with that comes getting rid of some of the stuff I have currently.
After Yellowstone I will then make my decision as to how much to get rid of...
 this is a big step for me.

My oldest daughter is preparing for her final exams in several disciplines
and then off to Bali for one month for her certification in Yoga..
 that is very exciting.

My youngest is feeling good and seemingly happy again.

My sweet Julie is on a better healthier road now with her new understanding doctor.

Laura and Gordie are that much closer to retirement yahoo!!!

My step son Darren is doing so well with his job as photographer in the NWT
that he almost has two full time jobs now..
congrats Darren!!!

Mason(grandson) turns 9 on April 13th..
and we wish him lots of love and great times.

We got to visit dear friends,
Don and Lorraine......Jodi and Howard,
 Jan F. Mary R. Gayle and John and Elaine and Mack this past winter
 We made a few new ones along the way..
met many a dog and while I do not recall all the owners, a few stood out.

 One in particular.. Mary Russell.
She has a rescue dog that was feral and frankly she has been a dog whisperer with him..
 he is beautifully behaved and a wonderful dog..
so thanks for your hard work Mary.
 Houdi was fantastic with Rascal and Scamp!

While this adventure is not quite over,
we are busy planning the next one..
 and it holds some truly great surprises too.
More about that in a later blog.

Have a great Saturday,
 be kind to others and treat yourself well.
Thanks for coming along
We wish you Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment