Sunday, March 17, 2013

We are back in Arizona!!!

After a whirlwind trip to Texas(one Month)
 and the opportunity to see really dear people..
our time came to an end and we headed back to AZ...
 stopped in Van Horn TX and the place we stayed was very clean and small and run by two little girls.
 One was maybe 13 and the other was maybe 17!
They do a really great job too.
Never even unhooked the truck and we were off early the next morning..
Next stop was Rodeo, New Mexico..
 and again we did not unhook as we were only over- nighting.
 This is the place that is very near the mecca of birding..
 the Chiricauhau Mountains.
We had hoped to see Cowboy Bob and hi wife June.
We had photographed them four years ago..
 but they had just returned from a trip to Oregon
 and were not feeling well at all.
 We did not bother them ..
 maybe next time.
It was so darn windy there that it felt like our RV was being shoved around!
Left early  in the morning and did a short drive to Tucson...
 very very hot here.
It took awhile to hook up and to get things in place.
Dogs were ever so pleased to be out of the truck
 and able to run around again.

I am doing a large load of laundry as one little MR. had an "accident" on the bed
and this needed to be taken care of immediately!
Lee is off getting a new and bigger travel crate
as the dogs will have to be separated as of tomorrow..
for awhile anyway.
We take them in to the Vet's hospital to be altered!
Poor babies.
Poor Mom!!!
We will be here in south Tucson until Thursday,
then we pick up stakes yet again(we do have wheels you recall)
 and we will go stay at Casa Grande..
never been there before but we have really good friends there.

 So we will spend Easter with them
and then we are heading to Valley of Fire for 7 days.
To those of you who KNOW the story from last March....
I promise I will not get lost this time.
Thanks to Janice Hale
I have a whistle/compass thingy that will do me well should I wander off.
I also have a cell phone this time too.

So I have brought you all up to date
 but there are a few things I would like to mention..

Talked to my youngest daughter and she is HAPPY...
 really happy for the first time in a long, long time.
We both are delighted.............
as no one deserves this more.

Our friends Gayle and John are just the nicest warmest people we have met
 and we really truly enjoyed each and every moment with them together and with just us girls!Amazing visit...

To Elaine and Mack Talbert...
You have touched me with your kindness and warm generous spirit,
thank you from the bottom of our hearts..
you are special people for sure.

The Rio Grande Valley will not see us again.
 It is no where near what we we enjoy..
 and while we met terrific people
 I do not like the area anymore.
Having the Border Patrol down 3 RVs from us
 is just too close for any kind of ACTION!
Even Texans do not like the Valley much anymore..
so we will return to Hill Country again though..
 and maybe when there is NOT spring break!

Our winter sojourn is almost over
 and we are ready to come home.
I am so glad you all or y'all could join us again.
We have enjoyed each of you and hope you have had some fun along with us.

There s more and it is not over until some fat chick sings!!!

Take care and be kind to yourself and to others.

Practice Random Acts of Kindness 
I offer
PEACE

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't able to see Cowboy Bob and June at Rusty's RV, Gaye. When I was there last May I told Bob you recommended the place, and he sure did remember you and Lee! And yes, it was blowing a DOOZY when I was there, too -- so much so I got out of there early, too! VOF....I'm jealous! Have a GREAT time...Hard to believe March is halfway done, and time is flying...Well, if you do decide to get another place in Osoyoos, I'll make it a point to go through there on my way up the AlCan Hwy in 2015...Hugs, L'il Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you've arrived safely back in Arizona, it was such a joy to visit with you here. I'm mortified that you found problems along our border, but thrilled there were no injuries. Praying you never find the same troubles in Arizona, though they have the same problems we do! The situation along our southern borders is out of control.

    The Hill Country is more to my liking, also, especially the good people you find there. :-) Please love on the babies for me, since this week may be a wee bit uncomfortable for them. And Gaye, I'm thrilled to hear of your dear daughter's happiness. Enjoy this final leg of your journey to the max, we're thinking of you and Lee. ~hugs~ to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear about your journey, play safe and enjoy every moment, every minute.

    ReplyDelete