Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life on the Road

Interestingly one has time to reflect on choices made and lifestyle ways.
When on the road, it can be very exciting and certainly not at boring.
For IF you do not like where you are,
 you have wheels and can just get up and leave,
go some where else.

It is also pretty cool if you have a home to go to
 or family you can just go plug in at their place.
We are living full time in our RV and that in and of itself is not a bad thing..
But things in the places we have gone previously are changing..
as is everything........... every where.

The older I get the more I am sure I could be a great recluse.
Having said that, this winter I have actually missed my home..
and the odd thing is, I do not actually have a home anymore.

I miss my dear sweet friends that remain back home.. still working..
I miss our friends that are somewhere else.
I miss good food so much and am really sick of being sick
 because of the poor quality food that is available here.

This is all a great adventure and that is for certain.
 Life no matter where you are or what you do
 is directly linked to what you as an individual make of it.
I get all of that.
What I am not fully understanding
 is this feeling of not being in the right place anymore..

I feel a call Northward.. but to what? and where?
Life on the road.. can be and is a joy.
 It is exciting..
but there are downsides, as there are to everything in life.
As I muse tonight, I wonder if we will find Texas as warm and welcoming
 as we did our first trip there.
Will this journey south and east be a welcome one to the mind and spirit?
I hope so..

I do know I absolutely need to have a home..
 a land based house somewhere..
I am not meant to be on wheels every day
 all day for years and years.
 I do commend all those who find this lifestyle to their liking.
Lee and I have a great relationship
and for that I am eternally in gratitude.
For were it not for a great relationship
 it would be over living in an RV 24-7.


But I really need to finds someplace to hang my art and place what books we kept..
I need a place to come back to and to go from..

So thank you for listening to me but this is all part of this journey
 and it is not always ticketyboo that is for sure..
 the pluses are wonderful
 but the minuses are also there..
 the scales are at this moment tipped
 and I am feeling quite off balance.

1 comment:

  1. This summer will be exciting for you guys. I'm sure you'll find that 'special place' to call your own.

    ReplyDelete