Yes that is right, we are now gearing up to last minute things here in South Tucson.
In the past we have thoroughly enjoyed our time in this region.
Not so much this time around.
Now you might be thinking "oh no"
now she does not like that place?
No it is not that, but there are variables that must be taken into consideration.
The food source for us is simply not as good as it has been in previous years
and we are having to go farther and farther in order to purchase the foods we can eat that are good.
I have serious food allergies and this time around we found it most inconvenient trying to find wholesome food that is mostly organic.
Now to be certain there are places here like that
BUT
they are all at the other end of the big city of Tucson
and when travelling on freeways for 40 minutes to an hour for daily sundries is not all that much fun.
Not to mention the traffic!
The park we are staying in is right out in the desert and that is lovely, no issues there.
But honestly it is an older park and the place has not necessarily kept up with upgrades in areas we consider necessary.
It is not inexpensive either.
So we are trying to decide what on earth we are going to do next year.
California is out due to extreme taxes and the cost of parks,
not to mention the size of most of them.
I cannot even think what it would be like to go into a park that has 1500- 2000 people in it.
In CA they are so broke that many folks now live in RV parks..
so that seriously changes the whole climate of them.
We want warm, and we need appropriate foods to be available..
I like wide open spaces and weather that is what we actually came down here for.
This winter I have had shorts on three times..
and it has mostly rained and been really cold.
Compared to others north of us it is too dang cold for me to stay there..
and when we come done here it is because it is supposed to be warmer here then there.
A couple of days it was exactly the same temperature in Osoyoos as it was here.
The rain was a deluge one day and it collapsed our awning.
I am not whining.. nor am I grousing.
I am simply stating facts.
We leave here on February 7th and are heading to Texas.
I am anxious to get back there as we had a wonderful time there the first time.
It is warm there already and the place we are going is really lovely, clean, wonderful sites and near everything we like to do.
The puppies will then be able to go for walks..
which will be a whole new world of adventures.
The park we are staying is is gated and really a lovely place.
We are also taking this time to go and see a really dear friend in Hill Country.
After this adventure we return to South Tucson long enough to have our puppies altered..
they will be done at the same time..
and then we will go to Casa Grande for them to recuperate before we head home.
We will be staying near friends from Osoyoos..
you may remember me talking about a little silky terrier called Spice?
I baby sat her ..
well it is her parents we will be visiting until we head north..
I am hoping to stop in Valley of Fire for a week along the way.
So we are here and we are still having fun with our little fur balls.
Looking forward to the day we can actually take the babies for a walk.
They really like outside, hope they like walking too.
We took photos of the shelter dogs, and hope they can use them for whatever they need in adoptions and fund raising.Thanks to the Pima Animal Shelter of Tucson
Lee and I thank you for joining us yet again... hope you are doing well and thinking SPRING!!!
It is not long now.
Be kind to one another and others in your journey.
Peace always
You've given me lots to think about for my upcoming Life on the Road, Gaye. I appreciate these reports-in-the-field with their "Ground Truths". I hope the weather in Texas is good for both you AND your little fur balls...Hugs, L'il Bro
ReplyDelete