I wish right now I could tell you all how much we enjoyed doing this or that
but seriously folks..
we have enjoyed what we are doing.
What we are doing is just so different then what we used to do!!!
It is puppy vaccination time around here.
The second in a series of three.
And we have to have that completed before we leave for Texas.
We had arrangements for a lady to do these in a nice , clean, quiet surrounding.
Well for some unknown reason this person neglected to inform us that she would be away..
and thus, we had to search for a new person(s) to go to..
it was the week-end.
No one is open or we could pay exorbitant fees to go to a MALL LIKE place.
NOT!!
So with some research..
we found a clinic.
.Arizona Spay Neuter Clinic that gives vaccinations from 2-4 every afternoon through the week. Simple..
we will just pack up the kids and go to them..
they also do wellness checks and all that good stuff.
So we pack up the puppy mobile..
as the entire back seat(it it is huge) with dog beds, blankets,carrier, pee pads on one side and all the paraphernalia one needs when travelling across town with two puppies!!
Reminds me of the days when with young children you needed a diaper bag!!!
But I digress.
Well we get there and lo and behold I am in for the experience of a lifetime..
there is a line up about a block long.. holy barking dogs!
Lee went in and got papers to sign
and when he returned them to the front desk,
we were informed we would be most likely looking at an hour..
OK, so back to the truck and wait with the pups.
Not a bad thing..
The hour passes in timely fashion and in the carrier they go..
now, good thing.. cause this place is a zoo!
I mean that literally.
Dalmatians, dachshunds, St. Bernard's, Weimeriners, pit bulls, herding dogs, chihuahuas,mutts of indescribable lineage, cats and us..
good thing the kids were in a carrier!
It was hot and it was smelly and there were tons of panting dogs..
If you think I was upset you would be wrong.
What I saw were so many people and most appeared to not be very well off...
but they were taking care of their animals..
I thought "hey people you rock"!
So Scamp(the Yorkie) weighs 3.6 pounds and is great health
Rascal(Morkie) weighs 3.2 pounds and is also in good health.
He did not cry and she did before the needle even got close to her!
If you think for one single moment that they were in any way slowed down from this,
you would be seriously mistaken.
They were whirling dervishes once back at the RV!!!
Lee and I managed to get out for a lovely steak dinner for our anniversary.
The dinner was fantastic(Texas Roadhouse)
but the noise level was unreal and there were peanuts on the floor everywhere!
Not a place you linger over dinner.
I had a great steak cooked just perfectly for me..
and smashed potatoes that I did not enjoy..
but I also had a side of the best apple sauce.
I know, I know who in hell pairs apple sauce with steak right?
Well it was delicious.
Because of the noise levels in there,
we did not stay and enjoy a quiet conversation..
no way either of us could hear each other.....lol
So today has started...
Lee was up with them..
they had messed a blanket, and were in his words
"SMELLY".
Hey, thanks hon!
So with a bath times two, feeding, and cleaning up, starting the wash of towels and blankets.. both puppies are warm and secure inside MY blanket,
Lee is back to bed in a nice warm comfy bed
and I am already involved in the day.
And how was your day?
Hope that you have had some laughs, shared some goodness
and been able to be kind to yourself and others.
Thank you for coming along on our new adventure..
and as always we wish you ..
each of you
PEACE
Sorry we're missing the puppy stage...well...maybe not all of it...
ReplyDeleteChange is good........spices of life! I am so glad that you 2 did that, life is grand.
ReplyDelete