Sunday, January 13, 2013

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well it is fast approaching mid January here in the southern desert of Arizona.
 And while I tell you that we left our home in Canada
not because it is horrible..................
 but because it is grey and cold in winter.
So here we are and frankly it has been one cold bloody month
 and tonight is the coldest yet.
I know that cold is relative..
 but when you come here for warmth and get "back home temps",
 it is rather disappointing.
The good thing is I do have sweatshirts, long pants and really cool "hockey" socks.
So IF my feet are warm, then the rest of me is willing to oblige and follow suit.
This a bit of preamble is going to lead me right into the fact that my sunset shots of my beloved desert characters the Saguaro cacti were not what I had hoped.
There was no sunset to write about or photograph..
 and people it was freaking COLD!!!!

Oh well there is always another time...
 and maybe next time it will be warmer.

Today we had the opportunity to meet in REAL time
 an internet friend from days gone by on a bird forum.
 We have connected on several levels over the years
but mostly it is a love of birds that brought us together.

She and her recently retired husband are in Tucson at a wonderful ranch B&B,
 and it was an absolute pleasure to make her real acquaintance after all the years we have commented back and forth.
Cheryl, the meal was lovely and I cannot tell you how very grateful I am
for the trouble you went to  for me especially.
You  and your husband strike me as delightfully happy and worldly curious people.
It was also a pleasure to meet your friends from Ontario as well.

So thank you for a lovely respite on a cold but sunny day.
Lee and I wish you well and a safe journey to Hawaii.

As we left our "babies" alone and for way too long ,
 I was fussing.
But we arrived back here after four hours to find two very good little fur balls..
 no accidents and no issues to tell you about.
Can you spell relief?
That is exactly what I felt.

So tomorrow I am hoping that we turn a page on cold..
 and venture into warm..
to those of you shovelling you have my deepest sympathy
stay warm, stay happy and please be kind to one another.

Thanks for coming along, we enjoy having you with us..
PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. It's cold (well, upper 50s) here in LaLaLand too, Big Sis! Sorry the Saguaro weren't "posing" for you but there is always next time, though "Your Time" may be a bit more limited now... ;o) Glad to hear they behaved themselves! I think I'd always be worried, which is why...it's not yet the right time for me...Enjoy the weather there, if only because it's colder most everyplace else. -- Hugs, Li'l Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems our cold snap is coming to an end- slowly. We're having really unsettled weather this year, not particularly cold but...well...unsettled.

    Hopefully things will warm up for you guys soon and you can get out and enjoy the desert. We can't wait to meet your two little ones, they sound like a handful both in size and demeanor!

    ReplyDelete