Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15th 2013

This is going to be a bit different in nature today.
I have not seen anything new and exciting
 nor have I done anything new and exciting.
This is NOT to indicate to you that my life is boring and not at all fulfilling.
It is nothing even close to that.

This is about someone else.
It is about a man who celebrates his birthday today.
Maybe not a man the world in general knows about,
and certainly not a man who routinely makes the papers or media
for something he has done
said
or not done and said.

This is a man who celebrates his life and the fact he is going to be 70 today.
It is hard for me to imagine that anyone I know intimately could possibly be this age.
 But it is true.

This gentle man ... this kind and compassionate man.
A knowledgeable man, a learned man.. a serious man..
A man with great depth of character and a good sense o himself in this world of uncertainty.
A man with a keen sense of eye sight and a keener sense of direction.
Not only spatially but intuitively.

This gentleman is without a doubt a most important person in my life
and gives it great meaning.
He is known for his patience(this you will not wonder why)lol
He is a good father, a good granddad, a good friend and most of all a great husband.

Yes my sweet husband Lee turns 70 today and is still a marvel to me.
I love this man with all my heart and soul
and want you all to know just how special he is.
Some of you already know and how lucky you are.
For those of you who do not yet know him,
please take my word for it..
 he is all that I say and more.

So Happy Birthday my love, this is my Hallmark card to you.

Thank you for reading  my greetings to Lee today.
Enjoy having you join us in our celebration of him today and always.

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Gaye, don't tell Lee this (he may get a swelled head -- NOT!) but he's one of my heros. I hope to be like him when (if) I grow up. ;o) Steady, steadfast -- a rock in a swirling ocean. I am SO looking forward to sharing some of my Journeys With Discovery with him and you. Coming up soon, time is just speeding by... Hugs, L'il Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written Gaye, something a Hallmark card can never match, because it is coming from your heart! I am late because I cannot post from my iPhone while travelling (the Captcha kicks me out every time). Lee, hope you had a great BD day, and many many more to come.

    ReplyDelete