I always have indicated that what was needed for me to write was inspiration.
When it happens, it is usually a very good thing for me...
but sometimes I tend to want to reflect on things that somehow
on a day to day journey get pushed aside or worse,
taken for granted.
Like HEALTH for example..
when we are feeling good that is where we tend to think it is always going to be...
then a person is beset with something that indicates
"oh oh" I am not feeling that great.
Be it a seasonal thing or worse..
Lately my health is causing me a tiny bit of concern...
not enough to go full out and say "hey I am sick"
but something more like.. 'um...I feel not normal"
Shh now... I know what some of you are thinking about now!
Then I learn a really good friend is on a humanitarian mission with her brother.
Her brother is walking a LONG distance,
in freezing snow and wind and he has bad hips..
but he is doing this for a 16 year old cousin with brain cancer.
My friend, this man's sister is his travel partner
making sure all is well with him and she makes sures he is hydrated, fed and has a warm bed to sleep in
.God Speed Jan and Ron Forseth and we are all sending you our best wishes with the hopes that young Brittany is going to be alright.
Health.. without it, we are in a pickle aren't we?
No matter the riches, the good fortune
it all means diddly squat if you do not enjoy good heath.
My youngest daughter Tiffany called me early this morning and I did not get to telephone quick enough.
The next thing came a text.
"Mom if you get this call me right back"!
Now either she won a lottery or something is wrong..
I wish with all my heart she had won the lottery!
Tiffany has several infections and none are known to have a reason...yet.
She is currently at her big sister Michellene's home and that is good news.
Tests were taken and I guess we will know some results as to why her blood is also infected.
Three days we have to wait.
This is not what any parent wants to hear .. ever...
and I am seriously praying that this is all something that is FIXABLE!!
There is a good possibility her Rheumatoid Arthritis is no longer in remission .
OK......... it is now pouring.
Next, my seriously sweet kid Julie.. well she is not mine,
but I kinda borrowed her for the rest of her life
has Thyroid problems and they are SERIOUS!
Finally she gets to see a specialist..
this is a disease or illness that is crippling if not diagnosed correctly and treated correctly
On the outside there is generally nothing to indicate that person is even ill.
Kind of makes it difficult for folks to realise just how sick she is.
So all of a sudden my feeling "not so good" seems completely insignificant.
So I say to each of you treat each day with goodness
and be kind to one another...
if you are not well, prayers and hope is on the way to you and yours.
But do not ever take your good heath for granted.
It can change in a heart beat.
AS you know I have been down this road and the journey is not a pleasant one. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteBill
Now damn, this is a bit hard to take in! We will keep everyone in our good thoughts, and hopfully nothing too serious will become of it. Yes, health is everything, play hard and take care.
ReplyDeleteHealth is everything. Through all my aches and pains, surgeries and who can label other problems, I am fortunate that the most important women in my life are all healthy and happy. Our thoughts and prayers for you and your family, biological or not.
ReplyDeleteTom