Powerful word isn't it?
You might be one....or you are one.
Maybe you are trying to be one or have been and something went wrong and you are not anymore.
This is a powerful liaison to make with another human being
and a really meaningful state to achieve over trials and tribulations.
It is sharing of ideas even when the ideas do not mesh or even go well with each other but friendship allows this difference.
It is being there to hear the good....the bad... and the definitely ugly!
It is a chance to say what you feel at that very moment knowing that in that next crucial moment you still have that friend listening to you and maybe guiding you to a better more balanced place.
Friendships are a strange thing.. some are instant"I feel we know each other" situations
and maybe bonding over some thing or some person is in that very moment..
and in time that friendship is only about that moment.
Other friendships are based on similar views and abilities to further conversations without judgement or the idea of a critical determination of you are not right!
Then there are friendships that simply grow old with you, and in my estimation these just might be the best of any kind of friendship.
These are the ones that are always there, no matter where you might be physically or when the last time you actually spoke.
For me personally I have a few treasured "forever" friends that I frankly would move heaven and earth to be there for them NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
When you are young your friends sometimes are based on what is cool or what protects you..
As you get older friends should be about trust and honesty.
Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not.
I believe this all might be part of maturation on some people's part.
I have been wrong on occasion and could possibly be again.
I think not on this point though.
At this senior time in my life, it might be noted that I am trying to make amends with past transgressions against those who might have been friends
.Never too late for that and frankly I call that personal growth!
Today I am wishing someone a great day although I am truly not certain they will or can see that possibility.
There may be huge challenges in this day ahead that prohibit seeing the joy and the advantages to being on this side of the grass looking down instead of the other way around!
Today I am having lunch with someone that was a friend and through miscommunication and stubbornness, that friendship was undermined
.Perhaps if karma is standing around looking for someone to bestow the good on,
it will be the moment we two people meet after many years.
One can always hope.
It is a hope that in this message we all can reach out and tell our friend or friends that we love them, cherish them , respect them, enjoy them , accept them as they are and for whom they are.
Not rocket science but seriously a major part of any life's journey.
For those that do not have a friend and wish to..
it is simple Open your heart,
be willing to go through that doo
and know to have a friend you must also be a friend..
there is no hand book
but look around you and see how successful you may be at this moment in this arena..
you might need to work on your skills a bit or maybe you have mastered those skills are very successful already.
What I know is a real friend does not come with a graduate degree, a whack of money and a great big wallet filled with financial rewards.
That could be present but it is NOT a criteria.
Sometimes a friend happens in the most unlikely of places and at the most unlikely of times.
Perhaps today you will become someones treasured friend.
May it be in Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment