Ok so here it is about 2 am here and at first my thoughts were that some poor soul with a huge diesel pusher of a motor home was limping in here with a serious motor issue!
The racket was unreal.
I looked out the window and all was dark and no one was making a rather late...er..... early noisy appearance here in a tranquil park.
Oh no... it simply could not be our furnace.. this is a new rig for crying out loud!
As I am going to check it out, I see Lee and first thing he says"IS THAT OUR FURNACE"?
I am praying it is NOT!!!
We have warranties and all that good stuff but what a hassle that would be s close to us leaving for the winter. But better here then stateside right?
Except the noise is not coming from our furnace...
Remember that tranquil picture I painted.. being surrounded by mountains and vineyards?
Well it is harvest season for grapes and for some vineyards they are saving the grapes until the last possible moment before picking. The longer they are on the vine , the sweeter the grape will be. In fact some grapes are left hoping for a crop of Ice Wine( which we are known world wide for). For that the temperatures have to hit minus 9.6 and then be picked right then and crushed. That is part of the reason the stuff is so pricey. But I digress...
The NOISE!
Apparently most vineyards have huge fans in them.. and they use these to keep frost OFF the vines prior to the grape being picked.. we are a few weeks from picking this particular grape in this particular field...
A field of dreams it is not.. not for anyone wishing to sleep that is.
It will protect the grapes.. but it is doing nothing for our beauty rest!
Sounds like a helicopter about to land on our roof!!!
For me personally I am just glad as all get out it is NOT our furnace!!!lol
I actually might be able to go back to sleep knowing it is not us.. but the tranquility here has been broken and I can only imagine what some of the other park residents must be feeling..
Another bit of excitement in our lives living the life of a Rolling Horn!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone on the north side of the 49th
Thanks for joining us on our latest adventure
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment