Day 3.........and day 4
Went hiking and really enjoyed it. Found a canyon and lots of colourful rocks.
Bear scat every where so have to be careful and I am keeping Lee in sight at all times.
We tottled around there for about an hour and as we were leaving we noticed the wind had picked up considerably.
Did I say CONSIDERABLY!!!
Try gale force winds and nothing is moving..
THe elk did not bother even coming out to bugle.. we went back to the park and our rv.. and let me tell you there were times that we thought we might end up up-ended!
I asked several times if tornadoes ever came to this place!
Seriously the winds were horrific and I do not scare easily!
Thought there would be trees down every where but there were none.. and we were upright come morning. Surprise surprise.
The wind continued most of the day and it got foggy by 3 and we had seen a beautiful cinnamon bear high tailing it for cover and a small herd of delightful deer heading and in a very fast fashion for cover. We decided to forego the elk as the weather just got nastier by the minute.
Started SNOWING around 4 pm!!!
and may I add it snowed right into the night and well into the following day. We were leaving but could not get our slides in as there was TOO much snow on them. Thank goodness for good samaritan rangers.. they assisted Lee in snow removal.
And for the next 90 minutes we drove through a white out.. oh joy oh bliss!
As we continued our trip west and south the weather got better and sunnier.. and warmer. Thank goodness.
The truck performed magnificently and all passes were a no brainer.
We stopped at a place called Boundary Creek park,. it was an ok place and guess what? Our hoses froze solid!!!
Took awhile to drain them and once we were satisfied and hoses were placed in our shower!!! We were on our way
Home never looked so good.
It is warm here and the rv park is gorgeous.. it is called Nk'Mip and we are surrounded by vineyards and mountains.. it is quiet and very private and huge sites. I am very very happy to be home.
We had a great time.. make no mistake. Our RV performed well and we are satisfied that our trip south in 6 weeks well be just as awesome.
Pics to follow...
Thank you for joining us once again.
Peace
I wouldn't have expected the wind! Wow!
ReplyDeleteLooking forwards to some pics!
Glad you made it through the passes OK.
Talk later!