Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mountain Home Idaho

Ok so here is the scoop.

No matter what you hear from people
the news economically from here
 is not as good as folks would want us to believe.

I went shopping yesterday
and for the life of me could not find real bargains on any front!
Places I have been before, I left empty handed.
The Kitchen Connection(one of my all time fave stores)
offered me nothing I could not get at home cheaper!
Prices here are high..
we really saw that at Costco!

The Howe's did alright I will say, but not me.
We went into Cabellas which is always sort of fun.
I always try on Gilly things.. they are heavy duty camo clothes
and Lee just laughs.
They have taxidermy things every where
and in the middle of the store they have a set up of all the wildlife in the states and Canada.
It is well done but grosses me out completely.
I prefer my animals free, wild and ALIVE!!!!!

Went into an REI.. sort of like a uber sporting store for outdoor enthusiasts.
I found the coolest bike in there..
PINK and really big tires.
Part of the negotiations for returning to the ever so beautiful town of Yuma for me was a NEW BIKE, a gym membership and a new camera and tv dish.
Going to purchase the bike at home though
as prices once again were very high.
No bargains in this store.
I want a Sherpa toque(hat for the uniniated)but the prices there started at $35.00!
NOT!

Had a good enough day, but really enjoyed getting back to our spot..
walking on cement is not a ton of fun for me
and I was so done with this concept of shopping.

Saw lots more antelope(these were LIVE)
and I have decided I would like to go shoot them today, my way.
With a camera!
So my plans are to go to the Brunei Sand Dunes
and see if I can spot a Golden Eagle somewhere
and have some fun with the MANY Pronghorns that seem to be in the area.

Last night was most enjoyable.
We played Wii(bowling) with our friends the Howes.
It was a riot and I am certain many folks if they had been walking by
might have wondered what all the shaking and noise was about.
Lots of fun.
Have to thanks Geoff once again for setting up the great avatars..
they rock.

So we wait out the winter storm once again
(truth be told we got a FREE day here, so we are taking it).
We are in no particular rush to get back.
 I just want to return safely!

So thanks for joining us on the last leg of our Great adventure 2010/2011.
We have enjoyed having you along for the fun

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are traveling wisely Gaye. Waiting out those winter storms sounds good to me. I hate mountain passes in bad weather. Scary!

    Surprised about the shopping! Disappointing.
    Looking forward to knowing you two are home again,
    I have enjoyed this blog and I must say I'll miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super shopper sob story... Oh well, maybe next year! Heck, by then the dollar will be worth a bunch more and that'll be where the savings are!

    ReplyDelete