Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Red Rocks!!!

A new day and another new adventure
Where to start?

I have climbed on top of Mesa Arch..
and I reached Landscape Arch..
never thought I could do it
but I did.
I have traversed a wash that was a long slog down a very mushy side slope
and found me some gorgeous rocks..
Let me say it is way harder coming back up a hill
when you have about 10 pounds of pretty rocks in your pocket!
I know some ogf you are thinking "in your pocket"???
Standing on the edge of what seems like the world
is absolutely exhilarating to me..
and thus I have a new avatar on Face Book.
GrandView Point in Island in the Sky  in Canyonlands!

I have achieved so many things I thought impossible with my knees..
but honestly one can do almost anything,
 if they are a mind to.

Sand Dune Arch in the FINS area was a hoot to say the very least.
I lay down in the sand and thought of sand angels!
I got sand in places I am sure there has never ever been a grain of sand before!!!lol

It was so windy on Saturday and got chilly as well.
But what a day...
My friend Laura conquered her own fear of heights
 and climbed a huge rock in the fins..
way to go Laura..

By days end we were all pretty much tired..
Well, exhausted in my case.

On a side note
we found a few pools of water(which by the way is very rare in Arches)
and some Blooming Vetch and Indian Paintbrush.
Spring is definitely here.

Going out for Sunday Breakfast with the Howe's today
 and we will see what adventures are out there for us today.
We have covered Fisher's Tower now
and the Cowboy Museum..
So many rocks and arches yet to explore.

Thank you for joining us
and once again we enjoyed having you come along.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read you are witnessing spring there Gaye. Enjoy your adventures! & Way to Go Laura !

    ReplyDelete