Arches National Park...
The four of us wandered into the park on St Paddy's Day
and decided to start in the Devil's Garden.
That is the trailhead to Landscape Arch.
Getting there is filled with OOOH's and AHHH"s
but upon arrival we were met with grey skies and cool winds.
The guys started off and personally Lee indicated to me
when he handed me the truck keys
that he would see me later.
He was thinking that I would never make that whole trek.
I have not been able to in the past
so he was plenty right in thinking in that direction.
I had other plans.
Laura and I started off and it was really cool
but we were both dressed for it.
Now Laura could walk anywhere at anytime with no difficulty.
I cannot.. or at least most of the time I cannot.
Not to beat a horse here
but I have had knee troubles for a long time.
Part of it was my own fault.. over weight.
I took care of that a couple years ago.
Part of it is advanced Osteoarthritis.
I cannot stop that
but I can slow it down with certain homeopathic items.
Do not discount this, as it is working
and I am living proof it does work.
So to tell you all I made the Landscape Arch and while I did not do it fast
I did it.
The best part was the look on Lee's face when he turned around and saw me.
Yahoo.. I did it.
Thanks to Laura not getting in my way of NEEDING to do this for myself..
but for being there to encourage my every step.
For anyone reading this thinking there is something you cannot do
please re-consider that.
I put a new picture of me at Landscape Arch on Face Book
and the pose is very very real.
Thanks Laura for recording this for me.
We played around in that area for awhile
and started back down that trail.
It was for me harder coming back
as downhill hurts!
We all made it back and decided time for lunch and downloading..
then the Rock Shop!
The rock shop here is amazing
and let me tell you when you are passing a place that is filled with rocks understand this..
there is serious money in this stuff.
The guys got bored after a preliminary walk through
and like many a man, waited for we ladies in the truck.
Strangely "we" ladies did not know that we were the only ones left in the store.
I wanted this and that
and ended up getting none of it.
**But note to Irene,
Wulfenite is very expensive
and the sale of Obsidian is huge
and you have about 1000 bucks worth of it!!!
Some slow shopping for the Howe's
and some people watching for me.
Then dinner at the Brew Pub..
I had a turkey burger and it was great..
but the best was the chocolate gelato
that I wanted
but had Lee finish.
Some quiet visiting and then to our own rigs
as tiredness was now the biggest issue I was dealing with.
Ah sweet sleep.
Up at 3:30 and wishing it had been at least 5!!!
There is a a SUPER MOON come Saturday
and we are hoping for clear skies
so as to photograph Delicate Arch that night.
Wish us all GOOD LUCK!!!
Thank you for joining us once again.
It is a pleasure to have you come along.
Way to go Gaye!!
ReplyDeleteI know it took a lot of determination, but you made it, and that is huge!
Rock shop sounds like fun ( and a learning experience)
Glad you are enjoying this chapter of your trip,
and I do hope you get the moon shot you hope for.