Thursday, March 24, 2011

Last Entry from Moab Utah

Since I last wrote we completed yet another trek.
This time to Delicate Arch.
For any of you having been to Arches National Park
and making this climb you KNOW exactly what kind of a trek this was.
I saw young moms with their babies,
guys with their small children.
I saw teenagers running up there with the idea it was all just a lark anyway.
Had I known what it was going to be like
I would NEVER.... EVER have even started out on this challenge.
It went on and up forever, everyone we met said
"just a bit farther(liars)"
Just when I though
" oh good it will ease off a bit now",
( as it cannot possibly continue to go UP)!!
Yeah well suck it up buttercup...
it continued to go UP!
Made it.. and wow... I mean wow!!!
I still had to climb more rocks to get under the arch.. and I did that too.
Lee took a pic of me and frankly it looks like pepper on an egg!
It was also so damn windy I could not realistically stand under the arch for too long..
ya needed rocks in your pocket to stay put.

Some lady older then me said way to go to me..
and I turned to her and said
"Where this is a will there is a way
and I intend on finding that way"
So there I was under Delicate Arch and I made it..
another goal accomplished.
So while I was riding high on this feeling we started down..
the guys made it and were going to be waiting for me for some time.
It took three times longer to get down from there.
It hurt like hell every single step of the way.
Going up does not hurt me
but coming down certainly did.
I thought a few times of just sitting down and crying..
or throwing up!!!
But I made it down and was more then pleased to just sit in that Damn truck!!!

There were the most beautiful storm systems moving through the valleys
 and I manages to get out of the truck only once
and after that I said to Lee
"you take the shot, I cannot move"?
So having a really hot shower
and putting my magic stuff on my knees
I was almost good to go again..
Hey I said ALMOST!!!

Our good friends made us a great turkey dinner that night
and I was so tired I never even offered to help clean up!
Said thank you and went home to bed.
Over stimulation for me assists me is these marvellous long mornings..
 they usually start around 3 am!

So today we pack up and head for two days in Goblin Valley..
 then the trek home starts in earnest.,
Thank you again for joining us in another adventure.
Take care and enjoy the promise of spring where ever you might be.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my aching knees! They ache in sympathy for you.
    Ouch! Going down is always the hardest for me too.
    Don't know where this Goblin Valley is, but looking forward to hearing about it.

    Travel safe you two !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad now that the pain is but a distant memory- well, perhaps not quite distant enough- that you did go up to the arch? A beautiful place for sure. If it was easy thousands of people would go...wait...thousands do! but, it was still a great day!

    ReplyDelete