Thursday, September 27, 2012

Last Day in Stony Plain

Well we have enjoyed each minute of this part of our inaugural trip..
Seeing family is important to me and this has been an exceptional time.

We walked with Michellene and her dog Beauty and what a gorgeous place we did this in..
it is called Chickakoo Lake
 and I pronounce it like Chik-achoo
 but it is really Chik-ah choo said rather fast..
 people here laughed at me for my pronunciation..
 so I just call it Lake Chicken poo!!!

We were treated top a salmon plank dinner with Halibut tidbits...
 all caught this past summer on the north coast of BC.
Fantastic part is we were sent home with five large pieces of Halibut...
 to enjoy on the road... my fave fish!!!

While we are dining with the cousin, my youngest daughter was busy collecting her winnings.
Her young son Benji won his mom a pair of diamond earrings
and they presented them to her with a beautiful bouquet of pink roses
.I was so sorry to miss it but I did see pics...
wow some nice earrings and they are not chips either..
they are a good size diamond!!!

Then to top off the royal treatment,
we were treated to a very special dinner made by Michellene.
She puts on one of the BEST dinners going..
Baked Brie with raspberry comport... green beans with mushrooms, yams , squash, and an Italian salad of tomatoes, bocachini, basil with some yummy breads..
 then dessert was a chocolate cake for me..
 pumpkin muffin/cakes for those that enjoy that sort of thing
 and ruit to dip in chocolate sauce!!!
Something for everyone..
 I might add Lee was in seventh heaven
 as he loves Michellene's kitchen skills and she made all his favourite things.
We got to say hi to a friend of the girls we have not seen a few years and that was very nice...
 also got to see our granddaughter's guy..

The best news is we will get to see Alexandra.
 She has the evening off tonight
 so we will go and see her prior to leaving in the morning.

This has been the nicest visit we have had since the last nicest visit.
I am grateful for family.

Today is a restful one, and a less wonderful dining experience for Lee and I..
 need to watch the intake of goodies.
 And I will tell you the intake was huge!lol

One more sleep and we will be on our way to just outside Calgary...
 three days and hopefully enough time to see my only cousin and her family.
It has been too long since we last saw them all

Thanks for joining us
Peace

4 comments:

  1. You are certainly beginning your Life on the Road with royal treatment! I just bought a generator for "dry camping" and hopefully will get it in time to use on my upcoming Sierra Fall Color Trip starting a week from Saturday. Ah..no more eating out of a can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a wonderful time with family. Sounds like you two were treated like royalty.That dinner read like a menu from a gourmet retaurant. Enjoy your time in Calgary. I shall be riding right with you.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me hungry reading this!
    I'll just bet Lee was happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you had a fabulous visit. Diamond earrings, very cool and lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete