Saturday, September 22, 2012

Eureka!!!!
Wineguard assured us that we were not alone in "something went wrong with the system"! Apparently the real Satellite was hitting a meteor something or other and they had an inordinate amount of calls that night.
We started our day with a completely workable system... and hooked up with not one single issue.
Life is good when things go right!!!lol

Our first leg went so well that honestly one could almost forget we were towing a rig that was approximately 5000 pounds more then what we used to tow!
It was smooth as silk and Lee mentioned with a huge smile "I LOVE THIS TRUCK"!

Weather was fantastic and strange but I really thought we would see some fall colour.. there was only bits and pieces of it here and there.Maybe because it is so darn dry, the leaves will just turn brown and fall off.

Also thought we would see bears as there are a lot of berry like plants.. but we saw not one single wild animal.

Pulled into Valemont and it is a small mountain town that caters to sport fishing, hiking and winter sports.. along with bear safaris..It is a a pretty mountain town with a tremendous number of RV parks.. we tend to stay away from heavily treed parks due to a sap issue on the roof. Not a good thing.We are staying at Irvin's RV Park , very nice ,clean, with wifi and all sorts of amenities we never expected. I believe at this time of year it is mostly a stop over park as this is sort of between seasons.They close in a month. DUE to cold temps and copious amounts of winter snow in the area.
Did laundry , read a book on camping recipes and then went out for dinner.!
It was merely OK but the good news is, I did not have to clean up after..

Charged up the phone, iPad, Kindle and we are good to go.
Technology is an amazing thing.

So it was a good day and things are right with the world once again.
We will go through Jasper today on our way to Stony Plains( the grands are there)
I KNOW we will see animals.. will have the cameras ready.

Pack up and come along as we wind our way through the majestic Rocky Mountains, passed the Columbia Icefields and through some of the most beautiful scenery Canada's Western Provinces has.

Peace

4 comments:

  1. Nice to read all is well with your world.I may not pack up but sure going to follow.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff!
    Good luck with woildlife today- looking forwards to the pics!
    Nice truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you had a super start to your much deserved vacation. Hey Lee, so happy that you love the truck, it really is heaven on wheels when you can just 'sit back and let your arms relax lol.'
    Happy day to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharie and I are getting ready to head off on out trip south... sure took a long time to get here. I'm not much of a blogger but you have inspired me to try.

    Thanks for the info about heavily treed parks due to a sap issue on the roof. I never thought about this.

    You two stay safe and have fun. Oh ya, I would love to have seen Lee say that his hauler kicks butt!

    ReplyDelete