Yesterday was "Repair the RV Day"
New rigs often need some slight adjustments to them and we had an appointment for these adjustments.
Unhook, batten down and away we go.. oops forgot to put down the new satellite dish.. back in and it will NOT go down! Should have been my first clue the day was not going to be a successful one!
Finally got it down and away we go, but there was something good out of that, we missed rush hour traffic. YEA!!!
Arrive at the RV dealership and they have a print out list of "TO DO" things..
they say"it will take about three hours, we will call you when it is done".
So away we go, stores, etc.. it is hot and it is smokey. Big truck parking in a small space.. oops hit the curb , took that corner a little too tight. It is all good the tail pipe is big and a dent will not matter right?(second red flag the day is progressing in the wrong direction)
Three hours later I am SO damn done. I do not like big box stores, do not like shopping malls and not a huge fan of high temps either.OK it has been over three hours and my otherwise sparkling personality is on the wane.So back to the RV place... and guess what?
They have been done for a long time and you know why? The did not have the parts, got the wrong size and so it took them over three hours to put on a new latch on the bedroom closet and fix a screen! and no call! Thanks people.
So hook up and come back... ah tranquility in a rural setting.
So we are having company and I figure first impressions and all, so I vacuum and think the floor really should be washed. My brand new Swiffer and there is no liquid in the container part, it has all leaked out.
OK no problem, I use a spray bottle with warm water and away I go.. only the leakage was dried on my floor and I had to get on my HANDS AND DAMN KNEES to clean it... said I was not going to do that ever again too. Yeah right.
All is well that ends well. I have a clean RV and things look pretty nice.. only our friends texted us to say an emergency had arisen and they would not be coming over after all.
So we secure everything once again as we leave in the morning for Alberta.
BUT.......... let's watch some TV for awhile and relax!
Guess what? Our really &*6$()$#@ expensive sat system does not want to work.
Seriously... I mean SERIOUSLY?????
No technicians either.. call us in the morning. Of course we have absolutely nothing better to do.
I am so stressed out and pissed that I figure I will go play scrabble and read..
except my stomach reacts to stress in some horrendous ways..
and that was my day..
but please remember I do have extremely clean floors and a really clean RV.
Today is a brand new day and another opportunity to get it right.
Have a good one, we should be on our way to overnight in Valemont...
Peace
"...please remember I do have extremely clean floors and a really clean RV." LOL! Sorry, Gaye, couldn't help it. I feel your piss-off-ed-ness and frustration. But On the Road there will be days like that -- I'm resigned to having them -- and the trick is to come back with a smile (perhaps grim, but a smile nevertheless) the next day. Hope you're having good weather so far, and that the outlook isn't too bad as we turn into fall.
ReplyDeleteOne way to look at it "things can only get better and tomorrow is another day. Dented tailpipe beats what I saw in a campground on my trip. A fellow took a corner too short and ripped the rear awning support from the side of his trailer.
ReplyDeleteI am now an official commentary on your blog. Looking forward to the adventures of Gay and Lee.
ReplyDeleteLaura