Thinking you have done something does not necessarily mean that you have in fact done it!
I was positive that I had written a new entry and somehow there is not one here!
Please chalk this up to a possibility of having far too much fun.
Now where we we?
Oh yes ...sleepovers with the youngest grandson, moments never to be repeated or forgotten by at least one of us.Little boys are certainly different then little girls, but they are oh so special too.
Thanks Mason for making an old lady's heart full.
Lee and I went out to Alberta Beach, a place Lee lived when he was very young.
The lake is dying and smells not altogether lovely..in fact(Laura you will love this)
it makes Salton Sea smell lovely!
We were out there to visit the Heritage Village that has been set up.
In this village is Lee's Grandfather's home and while the grandfather was an Adams
the home has always been called The Honey House.
Mr. Adams was among other things, a bee keeper.
This is where Lee would ride his bike from Jasper Place in Edmonton out to the farm
and work for his granddad helpingwith the bees.
The restoration of this house once it was moved to this site is beautiful.
We went in and toured the home and Lee was really on a trip of memories.
He showed me the bedroom he slept in as a kid.
. said it sure seemd bigger when he was a kid!!
Met his cousin Keith and wife Loretta out there
and the lads enjoyed some huistorical moments.
We also go a tour of the old Canadian North Railway station..
been completey restored and it looks fabulous.
I have Pictures but no time to edit!
The country side around the area is filled with ponds, sloughs and trees turning that glorious colour that cold nights and sunny days bring on.
Both of us really like the area we are in
and are actually looking at real estate to see what prices are like.
For those of you that do not already know, Lee and I are both Alberta born.
The evening was set aside for a dinner with my two daughters.
Just the three of us.
It had been a very long time for us to be in this situation
and dinner was healthy and conversation witty and meaningful.
Sometimes I feel caught in a place that is hard to describe..
especially when one sits and listens to grown women
and realises that you gave birth to both of them and really don't know either very well.
This may be what it is like for many a parent when they realise their children are the age that they were only yesterday!!!lol
The time really does have a way of getting ahead of us
.It was a lovely evening and again altogether too short to accomplish the things we need to get done.
Today Lee and I are going to his cousin's for a halibut dinner.
Caught by the cousin off the north coast of BC just last month!
Two of the cousin's brothers will also be there,
so it is really going to be a fun time for Lee and I.
Lots of reminscing and I am certain plaenty of jokes and jesting.
Each family brings to a gathering thwoir own joy and their own happy thing..
This is going to be a noisy one I think! LOL
So another day starts and more thoughts , memories and events will be gathered and stored..
memory banks are getting full.
I am pretty certain I have forgotten more the I recall!
Thanks for joining us once again..
Peace
I laughed about the smelly lake!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys are having fun! Looking forwards to the pics. Colour me envious about Waterton too.
"It makes the Salton Sea smell lovely" -- that's saying a lot! Your memory banks are already getting full and you've barely been on the road a week...Hope you're enjoying your new rig!
ReplyDelete