A Night in Valemont(Friday).. very nice place and very clean park.
Beautiful drive into Alberta..
this is the place where Lee's family homesteaded back at the tun of last century.
Rolling green hills, aspens and black poplar..
The park in Stony Plains Camp N Class is really beautiful.
Large sites and grass, small shrubs.. secured gates and amenities for all.
It is pricey compared to American parks but it is really lovely and funnily enough, very full.
Many large an VERY Expensive Class A motor homes are parked here.
They do not take anything earlier then 1995.
The grandchildren of two of my daughters are here..
well we are missing one, as he goes to school in Montreal.
So we have enjoyed a week-end with two young grandsons Mason and Benji...
Mason has shared his presence with us for two nights
and I have to tell you little boys are sure lovebugs with their grandmas.
We walked around a real nice wilderness pond and found all kinds of lichens and fungi...
climbed rocks and ran up, came back, only to run up the path all over again.
Oh the energy of the young.
Had a lovely dinner with Tiffany and lads.. we will take Mason to school for 8 am (that is what time they start)
and then Lee and I are going out to Alberta Beach to see his grandfather's homestead that is part of a historical village.
Lee used to work for his Grandfather when he was young
and looked after his Granddad's bees.
Slept in he very house we are going to see.
Visited one of Lee's cousins and saw his home.. in rural Stony Plains and wow..
beautiful just does not describe his property..
2 and a bit acres of rolling green yard, many trees and tons of birds..
They have moose on their deck in winter along with many deer.
We are going to enjoy an evening repast with them and have barbecued HALIBUT for dinner! Colour me so pleased.. my favourite fish!
Tomorrow evening my two daughters and I will have a dinner............... just us three.
It has been forever since that happened
and I am looking forward to this occasion.
Will see our Granddaughter on Wednesday.
Alexandra is just back from Las Vegas where she was the guest make up artist for the Cirque De Soliel show...
apparently the reports from her mom are, that she was a hit!!!
So I posted some cell phone pics on face book of our pond walk...
I am actually taking my camera tomorrow..
but I must say cell phone shots are taken and posted immediately to Facebook..
now how easy is that?
No editing!
Come on along... we enjoy your company
Peace
Sounds like you two had quite a weekend. Must have been quite a time with the youngsters [have you recovered yet]? Halibut maybe but for me you can not beat pan fried cod filet [in butter and a dusting of pepper and flour]. I am sure Lee is looking forward to seeing his grandfathers old homestead maybe some pics? Hope you have a grand time with your daughters.
ReplyDeleteBill