Ah the anniversary is done..
committed to memory
and what a memory this one will be.
Lee and I went looking at houses out in an area called Barrio Tubac
The agent was lovely,
I confess to wanting only floor plans!
But seriously I fell in love with two houses..
could move in tomorrow.
They are fantastic houses,
with everything I ever wanted in a small home.
Colourful 10 foot ceilings
and everything just geared to relaxed living.
Minimal maintenance too.
Problem is they are in the USA.
I am not willing to give up my citizenship,
nor my fantastic medical... to live here.
And at this stage of our lives
paying taxes in two countries
does not make any sense to me whatsoever!
This is why I wanted floor plans
to see if they could in fact be adaptable to Canadian standards.
From this lovely time,
we met friends from Osoyoos,
in the village of Tubac.
Now they were there to look
and I was there to shop!
For those who really know me,
I am a power shopper!
I know what I want
and when I see it I buy it..
no continued looking.. done!
So within one hour
(and that is remarkable
considering how many places one can actually shop in this tiny town!)
I had two gorgeous and brightly coloured pots from a place in Mexico I cannot say nor spell!
I also have Jorge.. the huge brightly coloured lizard.. Lee picked him out..
A purple wall climbing frog
and few other smaller things.
I actually wanted to purchase way more things,
Like tables and chairs..
wall things and lamps..
bowls and well you get the idea right?
After my whirlwind shopping,
we all settled into the looking at everything else and wandering.
One afternoon is simply not enough for anyone in a town like this.
The folks we were with will return,
it was our last trip there this year.
From here we went to Wisdom's for dinner again.
It is an institution in the area
and one that actually fills up right before your eyes!!!
Great Mexican food and a really nice way to spend our anniversary.
Laura and Gordie we raised our lemonades to you!!!
Our last photo trek with our camera club here was really something.
We expected maybe three people to join us.
But we had 12 of the folks decide to come along..
Lee got the most amazing shots of a Verdin
and I got mostly nothing..
well ok I did get a painted turtle
and a beautiful Black Phoebe.
But birding was dismal..
Today(was) is grocery day here for us..
andtomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!
Steve arrives and we are going out for wings to a saloon called Tiny's!!!
It is my 65th Birthday!!!
I faced this with trepidation but with the assistance of a great friend
I now realise it is probably the MOST liberating birthday of my entire life!
I made it!!!
I am now in total command and control of this life
and while I have enjoyed this journey so much,
I tell you with definite truth,
it is just beginning really!
Bring it on...
My girls(God Bless them both) sent amazing gifts.
We have a Wii with two extra games,
and an extra toggle..
a gorgeous coffee table book of Michellene's adventure in India
and one of the lovliest silk sari scarves in turquoise..
not ever forgetting a truly heartfelt card.
Have a great week-end everyone..
and do something for someone..
WHY?
Because you can!
*******NEWS FLASH********
I heard noise outside our door around 10:30 am on the 22nd
and I wonder what on earth?
Someone wants to know how to take their pics off their camera
and I am going for groceries!
Well think again..
There is Julie and Geoff (her husband) from Ontario.
They flew to Vegas, jumped in a rental car
and came here with a cake and cards for my big day!!!
Lee has known about this since before we left home!!!
Man alive what a shock to see them here in the desert
and what a great surprise.
I love surprises..
and this is the very first one ever like this.
I have to say it was a huge success in every single way.
I cannot tell you all what this is like for me..
fills me up to overflowing.
I have had Julie in my life for over thirty years now
and this is an amazing gift she has shared with both of us.
Really enjoyed hearing all your upbeat happy news Gaye!
ReplyDeleteAnd today Happy Birthday to yooo, Happy Birthday to yooo, Happy Birthday Dear Gaye, Happy Birthday to yoo.
Have a wonderful visit and celebration. From now on it just gets more amazing every day.
Well dear girl, you know now how much our very truly bestest friends mean to us! Wish I could have seen your face when you opened that door! I know you'll enjoy this wonderful, special birthday, and will never..ever..forget. Love and Birthday Hugs from Texas to my BC Sis xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat a suprise that Julie showed up, eh? Good for her!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Enjoy your day and say Hi to Steve for us too!
I was turning ther tires on the trailer today and thinking it won't be long before we're packing it up to go. It just isn't comng fast enough for me but I'm sure once it does it'll fly by all too soon.
Well, busy day for you down there, enjoy it to the max!