Thursday, January 6, 2011

Funtimes

This New Year thing is amazing..
it is going so fast that I am scared to go to sleep
for fear I miss something!!!

We have had some marvellous days Lee and I.
Getting up late and lazing around
until we both think "ok it is time to do something"
No rushing to get anything done or be anywhere.

Birding here this year plain sucks.
I do not care all that much, for some strange reason.
I am more interested in photographing "stuff"
instead of feathers!
Imagine that?

We took a small group out to Tubac, AZ for a photo trek.
They five folks that came along had a fabulous day
and apparently learned a great deal about not only their cameras
but themselves and the things they normally have just gone on past!
Gentleman from Alaska was the nicest man..
and we ran into his wife who was on a hike through the Santa Cruz river valley.

The challenge of this particular trek was the most wondrous Sculpture Garden .
It has wind sculptures that are made of copper
and are just so darned mesmerizing that it is hard to tear yourself away.
They are all constantly moving too.
Now for me to even try to describe this beautiful space
would just never ever capture the utter joy of this large garden.

The prices are world class as well.
Smallest one starting at $1200.00!

There are children playing,
animals sitting,
indians climbing and ravens roosting.
But there is SO much more.

This is the third time we have been there and will go again.
The folks that were there were also so impressed.

My favourite piece is Monet,
life size on a bench with his easel and paints..all in bronze.
$46,600.00!
IF I ever win a lottery
I am going to come to Tubac to spend my money!!!

From the sculpture garden it was on to Windows and Doors!

Every colour imaginable and really some extraordinary things to photograph.
I took over 280 shots and was so pleased to have gotten what I wanted.
Shopping was dismal
as the purse was just not deep enough
nor full enough.

We went to the Spice Factory as a few folks had never been.
The gent from Alaska got himself some chilli rub for his salmon!!!
He was like a kid in a candy store.

Stopped in at the Mission as it is a national monument..
fabulous day as the light was diffused
and it made for some pretty terrific shots.
Shared some tips with the folks on "how to"..
and they were so pleased to have had such a day
where learning was so much fun.

As we headed home again,
they all thanked Lee and I for such a great Field Trip!!!

Lee and I went to look at some new homes in "Barrio Tubac"
and I tell you..... IF there was such a development in Canada
we would be more then a little interested in buying.
The place is GORGEOUS!!!
And the colours are a dream come true for me..
Oh how I love this desert
and the styles that it brings forth..
nothing like it anywhere else.

We have cancelled a presentation on HDR
as these folks are just not there.
Not going to be THERE anytime soon either.
The gent that was coming to do it
is just as pleased not to come
as now he can go golf instead!

Lee and I will take two groups on a walking photo tour of the Desert Museum instead.
They like going out with their cameras
and then asking "how do I "?
That is fine and it is all good.

We went shopping and honestly I lost it after six stores.
The junk was amazing..
and I mean junk!
We found a few things of interest
but nothing like what I thought it might be.
I hate Malls!
But I will go forth continuing to look for those beautiful colours in the right places..
you just never know when a deal will present itself.

Peg is doing really well and I will have a photo of her shortly.
I have it but I have just not edited it yet.
She is thin but really coming into her own..
Breath is a bit sweeter and she is loving that ride..
Going to get her a tee shirt that say
 "Says Born to Ride" all in sparklies!!!

Until we chat again, take care.
From large to small they are all world class pieces.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh, I want a t-shirt like that too !!!! Pink please...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun there for sure!
    Sucks about the stores considering how good our dollar is!
    Month after next we'll be down that way-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Currency Rates
    Live rates at 2011.01.11 22:41:00 UTC
    1.00 CAD = 1.00943 USD
    Canada Dollars United States Dollars
    1 CAD = 1.00943 USD 1 USD = 0.990657 CAD

    ReplyDelete