A shooting in Tucson!
I know that is all you have heard about on the news for the last 48 hours!
Enough already!
We were in that very area not 2 days earlier
and I suggested to Lee it was a long way to go for nothing much.
We could stay in our own area for much of the same thing!
I believe the media needs to move on to other news though,
this is sickening the way they glom on to stuff like a pit bull with a piece of meat.
I feel badly for the victims of this crime.
They are the ones that this is really sad to experience.
There is no way in hell we would ever be anywhere near any political rally here in the USA!
Moving on.....
Lee and I have been introduced to Wii
and are planning on purchasing a Wii Fit along with several games.
Can get the bundle for $279.00.
This is a great form of entertainment.
Looks like we will order online, as the places we have been are all sold out.
With not having a TV in the RV, it makes for some interesting uses of time.
I am not a huge fan of TV at any time, but I do have MY shows.
While on the road, we do not have that luxury
and various parks do not always have the necessary bandwidth
to watch TV uninterrupted... without a DISH thingy!
That we do not have.
And even with that I hear people grumbling.
Wii.............. we can run through the computer.
So we will get a new big monitor and away we go!!!
Met a gentleman from Victoria.
He is a retired professor of Marine Biology
and authored a book on Octopus.
Seems quite an interesting fellow.
He is going to do a slide show presentation of the PNW.
Funny thing is this was all arranged and times set up etc.
Guess what he or the park does not have?
A projector!
Guess who is the only one that does?
You guessed it!
Lee.
Now did they arrange anything with Lee?
No, the gentleman just came up to Lee on Friday and asked to use it!
Imagine that!
Is it me or has the formality of good manners died?
I find this really galling that everyone in the know at the park
just assumed that this was to be a fait accompli!
Of course, Lee is going to do this.
He has an ulterior motive.
We will see how this goes
as we have our friend Steve Wolfe coming to do his slide show presentation
on the Peregrines in California in a couple of weeks.
Give us an idea on how well this type of entertainment is received.
Speaking of entertainment in RV Parks..
this one in particular.
I figured out why the rec hall is packed......
no matter what the hell type of entertainment is going on.
Most folks are older and do not like driving at night.
Most folks that are here do not not have lots of extra money to spend on entertainment
And the rest that go,
are just looking for something to do besides watch terrible TV!
So the entertainment for the most part is awful...
and I do not go at all to any of the things anymore.
But for many here,
it is the only entertainment they get!
Going to events in downtown Tucson is pricey
and who wants to drive all that way ?
We are after all out in the desert here.
We have secured a place on a very posh golf course
in the Foothills of Yuma for five weeks starting February 2.
Like to thank Irene and Clinton for this.
They are instrumental in finding and securing this for us.
This will be something completely different for us.
This is not an RV park.. but a man's lot
with two pads,covered patios and hook ups right on a golf course.
We are seriously looking forward to this.
One other person and that suits me just fine.
No club house and no entertainment!
Works well for both of us.
So another week starts
and I can tell you it is going to be a fantastic one!
Why because I said so!
Hope that you all have a great week as well.
Thanks for coming along with us.
Enjoyed this as always Gaye. Sounds like you two are adjusting to this leisure living for sure.
ReplyDeleteAh, its good to move around anyway. Looking forwards to you guys having a better internet connection too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the sun and the warmth down there! We're digging out and de-icing here. A major snow event set for Tuesday night so guess what I'll be doing! I'll be up earlier than you even with the time difference!
Take care you two!
Awesome, so we can game next time we come to Osoyoos? Your too funny, your turning %&* years old soon and ya got a Wii, your too cool
ReplyDeleteHI guys-your blog is getting us restless. The snow and cold here make us want to take off for Arizona. Maybe in March? Tubac is a great place for Zone-tailed Hawks around Mar. 10. (I guess you will be in Yuma then)
ReplyDeleteBye for now