Thursday, January 20, 2011

Been awhile...
weather got considerably nicer here
and we more time spent outdoors..
I am sorry for those that have cold weather & snow or sleet or driving rain to contend with.
I remember all of that very well.
Do not miss it at all.
In fact I am loving these really warm sunny days,
thank you very much.

I have all but edited most of my images thus far..
and I am on top of it all for the first time ever!
It has been and continues to be more then a little enjoyable
since I have decided on certain editing directions I wish to go in.
I know up front it is not going to be to everyone's particular taste, and I am good with that.
They are after all my photographs
and I have decided I am just not enjoying cookie cutter images.
Not from me and not from anyone else.
So with each image I find myself looking and wondering which process will I go with,
how many different directions can I go in
and still please me?
That has been a real learning curve
but enough about that..
Let me share with you some of the things we have been doing of late.

We returned to "Gallery in The Sun" for some more images of the things I missed the first time
and to re-take others with a different camera and lens.
This gallery still awes and overwhelms me.
It is such a treat to find art in every sense of the word in a place such as this.
I managed to buy four small prints..
while admitting to you that I really would have enjoyed an original!!!
We enjoyed being there a second time
and encourage anyone that might be in this area, to please go and see the place.
It is well worth the trip!

We also made a trip to the T'ohono Chul Gardens.
This is a lovely space set aside for gardens and walkways.
There is a tea room of some reputation,
a gift shop run by very bored people and a fantastic Children's area.
Overall, this is not a place one would recommend a second visit to.
There are other places far more entertaining and worthy of more then one visit.
The Tucson Botanical Garden for example..
This is one a person would enjoy time and again.

Lee and I went out to San Xavier the night of January 19th
wanted to get some of that beautifully coloured sky Arizona is so famous for.
The clouds were too low for the type of shots we were hoping for
but we managed quite nicely with some deep pinks and that inky blue..
just when we got to the "Astro Lighting" the full moon started cresting over a hill.
All in all I was pleased as punch and as I got to a spot that was JUST right first
there were a few other photographers wanting a shot at it.
Normally I would have moved on over,
but this time I thought
 "NO, I scoped this out and was here early..
go get your own good spot"!
Sounds incredibly selfish on my part, but I make no bones about it.
It is what it is.

Today we celebrate our 12th Anniversary with friends from Osoyoos.
We will meet up in Tubac and do some shopping
and generally have a fun day in a fantastic little artist community.
We all plan on having dinner at "Wisdom's".
If you are ever in this area that is a wonderful place to have lunch or dinner.
We have our last photo trek to take the park camera club on
and then Sunday our friend Steve Wolfe arrives from California.
Thus ends another week..
and may I say it has been a terrific one at that.
Thank you for coming along..
we enjoy having you.

4 comments:

  1. Your adventures continue to awe me. I love hearing all about your finds along the way.

    Do not worry about me with the snow. I love it and am hoping for a lot more any day.
    I totally enjoy the four seasons, and find there is a beauty to winter that I've always loved.

    So, have a wonderful anniversary you two!
    Good luck with your shopping - wish I could come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Wolfe? I heard about that guy, I'd watch him if I were you. :o) Sounds like the weather will be PERFECT there -- it's actually warmer here than in Tucson!I prefer nippy in winter. All the hitching "issues" with Tundra and Discovery have been addressed (user's ignorance) and I'm ready to go! Sounds like it's been a terrific week there, and I know next week will be even better... :o)

    Hugs,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your Anniversary will be another wonderful one. Will be interesting to see what changes you will be making to your photographic style. Enjoy your desert weather; we are sitting by the fire and are toasty warm this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the direction you are taking with your editing. The style certainly suits the southwest pictures.
    Happy Anniversary to you guys!

    I've been starting to get things organized for our trip south. It's a little while yet but it seems to make it seem more imminent if I start early...

    Enjoy your days!

    ReplyDelete