Well another day another adventure.
Hot here in the desert of southern Arizona.. high 80's.
We went to Old Tucson Studios.
A place where John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Hoss,
Maureen O'Hara and many more cowboy and lady legends once made movie magic.
Built in 1939 and still used today,
this is a whole town with many streets and working buildings.
They have a train and stage coaches, villages
and the very site where High Chapperal and Young Guns was filmed.
We were treated to a production of Old Arizona in the early 1800's
and a Christmas scene with a family meeting up with old Sawtooth( a salty old curmudgeon of a prospector).
The lead guy had a GREAT voice and the ladies were alright..
the story was a good one and the songs were timely and wonderful.
These same production players then put on a great "Can Can" review.
It was fun.
One of the gals asked Lee to come up on stage and dance with her.
THIS was not even a vague possibility.
But one of them did get him to sing..
so all was not lost in the spirit of the show!
The last show they did was a scene from the "Wild Wild West" television series.
Mad scientist and three strong gals packin' pistols and fightin' mean!
It was a hoot to watch and try and photograph.
Got a pic with the mad scientist when all the dust settled.
What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
We took the train ride too, as you get to see more of the 45 acre site.
Going to return with different lens, for another go at this amazing town.
A trip to the Saguarro National Forest for a shot or two in the saguarros for a certain friend.
The sun was just setting, so the lighting on this area was truly lovely.
Time for food and I finally got a wish granted.
I adore Chinese food and mostly it is filled with preservatives.
So I cannot have it.
We took a chance on a place last night and wow..
the place had real chinese food.. not your usual franchise food..
it was excellent and the dim sum pork was awesome..
First time in a long time that I got to eat my favourite food without any ill side effects.
Leg is hooped though.
My calf muscle just knotted so badly I can hardly walk.
I am awaiting my vitamins from the Broad Street store in Victoria..
they are sending me the stuff I take, and cannot get down here.
Once I am back on it I will be back to my usual energizer bunny status.
Lee is golfing and I am in repair mode..
so for all of you..
I wish you a great day
and may you have some laughter in your lives.
Sounds like a lot more fun than I'm having!
ReplyDeleteAh, Saguaros! Hmmm...now I'm craving Chinese food too- must be almost lunch time!