On a more serious note Lee was speaking to a ranger at Tumacacori Monument.
This ranger was saying "Stay away from Organ Pipe" Park.
This ranger stated he had business down there recently
and when he got there
he was escorted bu private sector security personnel carrying M16's!
He indicated they have been issued orders to not go into the park
without the extra guards.
This is seriously sad news for us
as it is a place Lee and I have wanted to go.
The ranger said "forget it"
it is really the most unsafe of places to even consider going now.
Smuggling is rampant and they have raised the bar on weapons and violence there.
There is a lot of desert out there and I know we will find a more secure and safe place to explore.
A sad comment indeed on the state of affairs down there. I HOPE it will never reach that point in the Chiricahuas... :o(
ReplyDeleteSteve