Hello All
I have been so busy here,
Honestly I cannot believe it myself.
I actually went to BINGO the other night and WON!
I won a lace tablecloth..
well it is not real lace
but one of those ones that is plastic and looks like lace,
I can use it out on the old wooden picnic table.
That is super good, cause when I sit out there and lean on it
I catch my good polyester shirt on it..
Then I get really upset.
So Bingo has been good to me thus far.
I wanted to also share with you my new direction in photography.
I am taking action shots these days.
I joined up for line dancing and thought oh my gawd
I have been missing so much in my life.
It is such great exercise and the people ,
well what can I say about how fabulous they all are.
So welcoming and pleasant.
I am going to shoot them doing their famous two step boot scooting line dance boogie!
Can you just imagine who much fun this is going to be for me?
Oh and please let me tell you about all the fabulous entertainment we are privy to here.
Honestly I just never appreciated music until we came here.
I am learning so much about the diversity of it all.
If I did not have such an open mind about these things
I might have missed another wonderful opportunity!
Bluegrass is an acquired taste
and it appears I am acquiring this right along with so many other things I never dreamed even a possiblity!
There is another situation here I am going to avail myself to and it is called BLONGO BALL
What is that you ask?
Well I knew right away with your keen mind that you would want to know everyting about it.
It is like something I have not ever encountered.
As soon as I figure it all out I am going to send you a very detailed letter describing it and the participants in great detail.
You will just have to hold onto your hats until I work out the details in writing.
Oh and listen about the Christmas Decorations in the RV Park here.
Well will you believe this?
There seems to be that ever present competition(friendly of course) here at Desert Trails.
I saw some lights and thought "oh how nice"
Well it seems that there are certain people here that add more lights each day that goes on
and I strongly suspect by Christmastime
we will be alerting all passing aircraft and possibly space travellers of our exact location!
To see majestic Saguarro Cactus ablaze with lights
and to see prickly pear cacti with santa hats just fills a person's heart with warmth to think that even here in the desert
so far from the frozen north
that the joy of the season permeates the very essence of RVing!
I am decorating our RV with the peels of grapefruits and stringing grapes ..
I like that homey touch you know.
I hung two stockings with great care on the post that has our electrical switch on,
it is just past our sewer hook up so it draws the eye away from that.
I also bought at he local Family Dollar store some gorgeous red sparkly poinsettias.
They were really pricey there I tell you,
3 bucks in a dollar store.. honestly.
They were in their decorator area..
I bougth a few and a wee green pot to put them in..
Well it was a left over from Thanksgiving
but if you do not look too closely you do not see that aspect.
The sparkles on the papery type of flowers holds your interest to be able to look beyond this.
We taped a lovely red thin plastic tablecloth down on this old picnic table that I was catching my good shirt on..
it looks so just darn festive now..
we are missing lights however and frankly I cannot find the right ones to give us the ambience I am looking for.
I saw some great pink flamingos and wondered if I got them and some red hot chili peppers
how that might go with my grapefruit peels and strings of grapes.
I have not decided how I want to do this final thing for my entry into the Christmas Decorating frenzy that everyone seems caught up in.
NOw for the really good news.
Lee and I have signed up for being able (even as non residents) to get a concealed weapons permit.
We thought what fun, we could go get some lessons. Well for me not Lee, he is a marksman, I am not.
I need a few lessons.
But I betcha I can learn to shoot the you not whats off a maggot at ten paces.
Oh come on you know I could never shoot a creature of this earth..
well ok maybe a few I could
but really think of how neat it will be to carry a concealed weapon.
Now if we are approached by any of the nere do wells that we keep hearing about we can protect ourselves and our own apple pie!!
Well I have pretty much brought you up to date on our busy Snow Bird lives here in the hot desert of Arizona.
I did want to say though in closing if you detect fire in the home please do not call 911 until it is fully engulfed.
As the house is for sale and not moving too quickly.
I understand that ladies hate my kitchen anyway!
I feel that it would be just fine to have the insurance folks pay out a huge claim.
Remember fully engulfed!
It is good to hear from you as always and please do know we love you and miss you.
Gaye and Lee
I have been so busy here,
Honestly I cannot believe it myself.
I actually went to BINGO the other night and WON!
I won a lace tablecloth..
well it is not real lace
but one of those ones that is plastic and looks like lace,
I can use it out on the old wooden picnic table.
That is super good, cause when I sit out there and lean on it
I catch my good polyester shirt on it..
Then I get really upset.
So Bingo has been good to me thus far.
I wanted to also share with you my new direction in photography.
I am taking action shots these days.
I joined up for line dancing and thought oh my gawd
I have been missing so much in my life.
It is such great exercise and the people ,
well what can I say about how fabulous they all are.
So welcoming and pleasant.
I am going to shoot them doing their famous two step boot scooting line dance boogie!
Can you just imagine who much fun this is going to be for me?
Oh and please let me tell you about all the fabulous entertainment we are privy to here.
Honestly I just never appreciated music until we came here.
I am learning so much about the diversity of it all.
If I did not have such an open mind about these things
I might have missed another wonderful opportunity!
Bluegrass is an acquired taste
and it appears I am acquiring this right along with so many other things I never dreamed even a possiblity!
There is another situation here I am going to avail myself to and it is called BLONGO BALL
What is that you ask?
Well I knew right away with your keen mind that you would want to know everyting about it.
It is like something I have not ever encountered.
As soon as I figure it all out I am going to send you a very detailed letter describing it and the participants in great detail.
You will just have to hold onto your hats until I work out the details in writing.
Oh and listen about the Christmas Decorations in the RV Park here.
Well will you believe this?
There seems to be that ever present competition(friendly of course) here at Desert Trails.
I saw some lights and thought "oh how nice"
Well it seems that there are certain people here that add more lights each day that goes on
and I strongly suspect by Christmastime
we will be alerting all passing aircraft and possibly space travellers of our exact location!
To see majestic Saguarro Cactus ablaze with lights
and to see prickly pear cacti with santa hats just fills a person's heart with warmth to think that even here in the desert
so far from the frozen north
that the joy of the season permeates the very essence of RVing!
I am decorating our RV with the peels of grapefruits and stringing grapes ..
I like that homey touch you know.
I hung two stockings with great care on the post that has our electrical switch on,
it is just past our sewer hook up so it draws the eye away from that.
I also bought at he local Family Dollar store some gorgeous red sparkly poinsettias.
They were really pricey there I tell you,
3 bucks in a dollar store.. honestly.
They were in their decorator area..
I bougth a few and a wee green pot to put them in..
Well it was a left over from Thanksgiving
but if you do not look too closely you do not see that aspect.
The sparkles on the papery type of flowers holds your interest to be able to look beyond this.
We taped a lovely red thin plastic tablecloth down on this old picnic table that I was catching my good shirt on..
it looks so just darn festive now..
we are missing lights however and frankly I cannot find the right ones to give us the ambience I am looking for.
I saw some great pink flamingos and wondered if I got them and some red hot chili peppers
how that might go with my grapefruit peels and strings of grapes.
I have not decided how I want to do this final thing for my entry into the Christmas Decorating frenzy that everyone seems caught up in.
NOw for the really good news.
Lee and I have signed up for being able (even as non residents) to get a concealed weapons permit.
We thought what fun, we could go get some lessons. Well for me not Lee, he is a marksman, I am not.
I need a few lessons.
But I betcha I can learn to shoot the you not whats off a maggot at ten paces.
Oh come on you know I could never shoot a creature of this earth..
well ok maybe a few I could
but really think of how neat it will be to carry a concealed weapon.
Now if we are approached by any of the nere do wells that we keep hearing about we can protect ourselves and our own apple pie!!
Well I have pretty much brought you up to date on our busy Snow Bird lives here in the hot desert of Arizona.
I did want to say though in closing if you detect fire in the home please do not call 911 until it is fully engulfed.
As the house is for sale and not moving too quickly.
I understand that ladies hate my kitchen anyway!
I feel that it would be just fine to have the insurance folks pay out a huge claim.
Remember fully engulfed!
It is good to hear from you as always and please do know we love you and miss you.
Gaye and Lee
Where is my friend?
ReplyDeleteWhat have you done?
No way she'd train
To shoot a gun!
Stringing grapefruit on a vine?
Plastic grapes all entwined?
Acrylic flowers? - so uncool
You think what? - I am a fool?
So you say she's keen to dance
Boot scootin' boogie? Not a chance
She prefers much gentler ways
What have you done with my friend Gaye?
Next thing I guess I will hear,
It's macrame while sipping beer
Turn her loose!!! Let her free!
Or you will have to deal with me!
With all that going on where do you find time for photography. What percentage of the claim do you pay for an arsonist LOL.I agree with Esther where is Gaye LMAO.
ReplyDeleteBill
Holy Molly, this is a long one, good thing I had dinner before opening this blog, or I'll go hungry for a long time! I am following 3 RVers' blog (one dropped out), it is like reading a few novels every day....lol
ReplyDeleteHilarious is right, Big Sis! PINK FLAMINGOS?? You really ARE going off the Deep End. If I ever fall victim to such thinking with Discovery, please shoot me WITH YOUR NEW GUN, ok? :o) Looking forward to joining in on the fun down there at Desert Trails, Gaye! BTW, is there anyone there UNDER, say, 35?? LOL
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Steve