Latest news from the desert.
We went to the biggest fair in Tucson.
It happens twice a year and this was the twice!
4 Th Street fair.
So many people and so many smells
and who would have ever thought that in 2010
there would be so many 60's shops complete with hookah lounges!
The sea of humanity was more then I care for
and knew it was going to be very challenging for me.
The first two blocks were amazing
and I felt like a kid at their own birthday party
and wanted my loot bag!
So I looked at every single thing.. OMG
I wanted one of these and two of those..
I saw some of the funniest things ever.
And then the artisans crafts were totally amazing too.
It was a sea of humanity moving at a variety of speeds from fast paced to drop dead stop right in your face!
Lovely way to meet new people
but not for me thank you kindly.
I was quite tired of saying "excuse me please".
Finally, I was saying,
"excuse you if you do not mind"!
The sounds and smells that I first thought were just delicious and so charming
had worn thin after the first two blocks
and by the time we had gone at least six long blocks with stuff on both sides of this deal
I was no longer amused by the smells nor the weird and wacky .
We had the entire 8 block long thing to now traverse
and come back to our original spot in order to catch the trolley back to University parking garage.
I so could care less what anyone is now selling or wanting us to eat.
No thank you..
the noise is deafening and I am feeling overwhelmed with all that I am experiencing.
I think medication or that Hookah Lounge might have helped me at this juncture!
We made it safely out of the frenzied area with our purchases clutched in our hands
and our feet were thinking that now might be a great time to throw their own hissy fit!
I have to tell you I almost bought a pair of hand made shoes..
only 115 dollars and all my fave colours lime green, purple and pink.
They were simply divine
but alas, this person could not make me believe one size too small was going to be a good thing.
The blighter!
I so loved them to.
I found a blingy tee shirt that said
"Screw the cracker, Polly wants a cocktail"
I loved that, as I am sure that is exactly how I felt at that moment.
I also saw a painting that was just hilarious.
******Now listen for you faint at heart, this is R rated so skip to the next part if you might have trouble with it.******
Also do not shoot the messenger here ok?
The caption in this painting said
"Jesus loves you but everyone else thinks you are an asshole"
Now I do not know why.... but that had a sense of hilarity to it.
Especially in light of the people I had just met.
But that is a whole other story for another time.
We made it to a place on a side street called Malibu's.
Peace and Quiet and ICE CREAM!
What a way to end the day..
marvellous............
I had pomegranates', mango, pineapples and almond roca on my pralines and cream ice cream..
heaven I tell ya!
Today Old Tucson Movie set.. and the adventure continues.
Oh and one day I will get around to editing.
Hey, I even got a shot of a female Juvie Sharp shin complete with meal!!!!
LOL at what Jesus said. Looks like ya'll are having a ball. I enjoy just keeping up with you... Jimmie FZ-30... ;o)
ReplyDeleteI can barely keep up with you, but I'm enjoying your wit and your sense of humour!! In the 80's, my parents spent their winters down there and loved Tuscon ...
ReplyDeleteI would not enjoy "the sea of humanity"!!
Have fun!!