Friday, November 16, 2012

Well here we are again....
the drive from Osoyoos to Pendleton was uneventful and really good weather wise.
Over nighted at the Wild Horse Casino RV Park and left in heavy fog in the morning.
I was not even aware we are on the BIG HILL
 until we almost at the top!
The truck had no issues pulling the rig and we hardly felt any of it.
Lots of trucks on the road and with zero visibility until we made the top..
 it was interesting to say the least.

Made Mountain Home early in the afternoon to really nice weather.
 Lucky us.
I turned down the outlet malls..
oh now stop .. I did turn it down!

We have a lovely spot, quiet and decided that on this  second day we should probably go get some groceries..
so off to the store and we got some really nice flannelet bedding..
I know, I know; it is not qualitatively groceries, but I will be warm.
That is very important.

Things done in timely fashion and back to the rig we came..
 Lee somehow does not want to listen to me as a consult in backing up.
And he is also not quite used to the aid of the back up mirror.
He just went too fast and too far back..
 we will now have to secure a Dodge dealership to get the back gate looked at
.It will not open and we have to get at the hitch..
so we are going to be a day later getting to Zion.
 Oh well...

So to date we have had two broken rear lights on the drivers side of the RV..
 and somehow it got scrunched(is that even a bloody word?)the rear side of our new RV...
but it will fit right in with our beautiful new truck...
 because it is" scrunched" too.
SERIOUSLY...............

So our delay will depend on whether or not the damage can be fixed
so we can use the thing..
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I am pretty certain no one feels worse then Lee.
 I do not feel bad... more irritated.
 But I do wish at some point
 some one
some where
would listen to me
when I speak.

To be continued..
Peace

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this Gaye. Sh*t happens, unfortunately. As long as no human body parts were crushed - it is all fixable. But definitely a speed bump for sure.
    Better times coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People listen they just don't hear. Good to hear nothing too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie and I will be practicing the listen thing next spring when we get our new 25 footer. I will remember "slow and easy". After all what's the hurry? You are retired and the world is waiting for you. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Big Sis, "scrunched" is a word... :o)I too scrunched the bumper of Tundra a few years back and it's still there as a reminder...We want things to remain perfect,just as they were off the showroom, but we know it's not possible...Heck, I even took a screwdriver to my CO/Propane alarm as it kept on going off no matter what I did! I ended up taking a gouge out of the surrounding wood...Aaargh! Tom Penuel gives good advice -- Take it slow, and enjoy! I know that's what I will do come May 2013... Hugs, L'il Bro

    ReplyDelete