Well now I have not blogged for a few days
and please allow me to catch up with our comings and going.
Zion National Park is beautiful and this year it is still green this late in November!
We tried to go somewhere. actually anywhere in the park.
BUT..............
There could easily have been 40,000 people there!
They were parked everywhere and illegally too.
No where for our big monster to even attempt a park job!
We also had to pay $15.00 just to go through the tunnel twice
as we are too wide for two way traffic
so they close one way down for us to go through.
I thought that was very nice of them.
Safer for us as well.
I promise you I do have images..
but I have not gotten to editing ..
I am red faced..
We enjoyed a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner at the park we stayed in
and while the food was plentiful
I can say with all honestly my salad went over very well.
One lady was over heard saying
"oh try that salad, it has grapes, apples pomegranates, pecans cherry tomatoes butter lettuce and lemon zest!"
And I made for the very first time a traditional American favourite..
green bean casserole..
it must have been enjoyed as there was only a spoonful left!
I personally do not see the big deal but hey..
.to each their own.
Our friends from Osoyoos the Cannings..
were totally so much fun to hang out with for the week.
We laughed and chattered the entire week.
Well OK, we ladies did
and the guys did they guy thing. "uh uh", "yup ""nope" "huh"!
We went with them to the Black Friday sales event.
I bought not one single thing.
Not because I did not want to,
but it just looked like all the stores in Banff and Jasper in summertime...
if you have ever been either place
you KNOW exactly what I am saying.
We went to a buffet for an early dinner and oh my it was fabulous..
I had two helpings of salads which in my mind were utterly fabulous
and to accompany this I had my fill of coconut shrimp!
For me this is heaven..
to finish off
I had my fave, Rice crispy squares!!!
What a gourmet!
Hooked up late that afternoon and we got away early this morning..
.Great drive and made excellent time.
We are currently in Quartzite and a very nice camp ground..
great wifi..
and hardly anyone here.
We will only be 2 days...
then onto Ajo..
we will be there for just shy of a week
as we plan on going to Organ Pipe National Park.
So there you have it..
it is warm here,
all long pants are now put away with turtle necks and sweaters, jackets too.
Shorts and tees are the rule of the day..
and wow does it feel great.
I am surrounded by Saguaro Cacti and octollio...
so Gaye is in her glory once again..
the desert is one of my favourite places to be...
Thank you for being patient about seeing pics...
and again we are both delighted you have joined us on our adventures.
Peace always
Oh it is great that you have arrived where you love to be! We are both delighted for you.'
ReplyDeleteYour entry's read like a travel book and are so very enjoyable.
So glad you are back with wi-fi.
Looking forward to your adventures.
Thanks for the call tonight! Glad all is well in the desert. Saguaro and Ocotillo would suit me fine about now as well.
ReplyDeleteFunny that you mention green bean casserole, Big Sis -- I had some for the first time at the Kaiser pot luck on Friday! It is good, but you're right, what's all the fuss about? I bet yours was extra special...Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving while on the road! I'll probably go to back to Mom and Dad's next year, parking Discovery at Bolsa Chica and commuting back to San Pedro with the Tundra. Same for Xmas. Enjoy Ajo, and please give Olivia Cabot my best when you see her in Tubac -- L'il Bro
ReplyDelete