We actually found an arch in Organ Pipe and was flabbergasted.
The mountains are very rugged and quite jagged, so climbing would not be for the faint at heart and I doubt very much the park would even allow it..
interestingly right above this arch is a smaller arch
that is almost worn through at the top.
I could not see that with my eye.......... but the camera caught it..
This is a beautiful and prime park with not a lot of foot traffic and most likely will remain pristine for years to come.
There are so many species of cacti there it just boggles the mind.
One of the neatest are the Fruit chain cholla....
So yesterday we went to to the town of Ajo... it is the first copper mining town in Arizona and you can see tailing's everywhere.It has spectacular sunrises and sunsets...
We toured the town and found the Center Plaza where the beauty in architecture was... a catholic church, a baptist church, the plaza and a wonderful courthouse...
Now you all now Lee is a hamburger guy right? Well he suggested we go into this place and after experiencing some awful Spicy inedible food day before, I was hesitant to say the very least!However, he said "look it is a burger and beer " place.Well who could resist that? Yeah I know a vegan!!In we went and it was better then delicious .It was the first hamburger I had had in over three weeks and I was in heaven!!! Great p[lace, colourful, clean and wonderful staff. All in all, a great experience.
Thanks for coming along with us into town.. today there will be more wanderings and more adventures.
Peace always










I am really enjoying your time at Organ Pipe. "Hamburgers" Lee would love a "Moose" buger at "Earle's" in Rocky Harbour Nfld.
ReplyDeleteLove that one of the fruit chain cholla. Very cool stuff.
ReplyDeleteWe are really enjoying all your text and images Gaye. Well done - just a joy to read every time.
ReplyDeleteLove the doors - you do an excellent job of capturing them.
Love that sunset shot. After 2 weeks of Sichuan food, a hamburger sounds like heaven to me too!
ReplyDeleteWonderful town! I love those buildings and you just know I'd be in heaven with those cacti!
ReplyDeleteKeep the adventures coming you guys!