Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Yellowstone-Day 7

Once again we ventured up into the valleys of Yellowstone. Looking for the evasive creatures we came to see.
Interestingly it appears the animals have all left for other ranges. Seriously two nights in a row we found very little to photograph(in terms of animals)


What we did encounter was my first ever elk fawn.. Cute little critter.
and I saw a big brown bear but I actually blew every one of my 38 shots.. all blurred!
 The one this is not shows the rear end and back of his head.
Oh wow what brilliant work........

Anyway, I am done and we could actually move on to Waterton National Park now.
BUT we will stay until Thursday.


Today we meet Jan and James for a pizza lunch , after we will go up and shoot wildflowers and streams, maybe a waterfall or two.

Tomorrow will be one last sweep through the various places that have produced some great results.. then we head towards Great Falls Montana.

One thing about yesterday though that I should mention is we met up with a friend from Salt Lake City and had not seen her in 6 years!
Way too long a wait.. and hopefully it will not be another 6 years before we meet up again.
It was really nice meeting her partner and seeing their grandson Taylor.
Whom by the way, is a darling wee lad of 7 and I completely fell in love with him.
Taylor and Rascal were instant best friends.
We also met the fur kids cousin Bella.
What a little beauty she is.. and I suspect now that Scamp will look pretty awesome when she matures too.
So thank you Pat, Jenny and Taylor and Bella for making the trip to see us..
 we loved meeting up with all of you.

Going looking for a few little gifts today..
so until we chance to meet again,
 have yourselves a great day
 and be kind to all.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment