Well by now some of you already now that the campground we love stay in was not only full, but really not a place anywhere!
I was so disappointed.
You cannot begin to imagine.
We came into Overton which is about 20 miles away.
Not real happy, as we had never stayed at the park here.
But folks it has great wifi, sewer hookups and a swimming pool(if that is something that is desirable).
I can do my own laundry once again, which by the way I really like having that ability!
Especially with two little pups along.
Well we have gone in and done the Fire Wave,Thunder Arch, Piano Arch,
Fire Arch, Windsong Arch,
The Swoosh, the Pink Wash or slot if you like.
Last night we did the slot a White Dome
and man is it ever hard slogging through that deep sand!
I did it and as not especially happy to be doing it on that particular day.
Or should say night?
This is the pace I got lost last year...
This year all I got was tired!
Thank goodness.
We have photographed flowers
and may I tell you that there are hundreds upon hundreds of wildflowers.
Desert Primrose, Hawk weed, prickly pear cactus, yucca
and whole bunch I have no idea what they are..
yellows, pinks, purples, and yellows, not to mention the whites.
Against the red, purple,yellow,orange,pink,and every colour in between everything looks magical.
It is a glorious place....
All this and I made a traditional Turkey Dinner for the four of us yesterday,
complete with pie for dessert!
Th's is not at all an easy feat in an RV...
but boy was it good!
Today we will do Lake Mead Parkway
as the flowers there are more then a little spectacular.
So thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are all up to these days..
Lee and I will be here until Monday morning
and then this adventure ends
as we head home in earnest.
Hope you enjoy this, as we do sharing it.
Be well and treat yourselves with Kindness
PEACE
Sounds like the wildflowers are running riot there right now, Gaye! You must be having a blast...Looking forward to the photos!-- Hugs, L'il Bro
ReplyDelete