Saturday, April 6, 2013

Time Gentleman ..Time

Yes it is that time again, time to pack up and hit the road.

Valley of Fire is everything and more
and a part of me is so sorry I ever told anyone about it.
I do not begrudge anyone enjoying this beautiful state park..
 but man oh man , at one time we had the park almost to ourselves.
Not anymore...
 lots of new signs that tell you WHERE you can get cell service
 and no walking along the side of the road,
 you MUST use the trails!
 Hells bells there were never people trails there before!
This is still for me a mind boggling experience going there and after 14 years we are not even close to being bored or tired of it.
I said to Lee when I die I want my ashes strewn down the pink slot..
cannot think of a better place on this planet to end up.

Our friends from home leave tomorrow
 and I believe they both got a better viewpoint of this valley after slogging in washes and up rocks and in slots.
We have enjoyed their company
and it is always interesting to see a place that you are so familiar with
through some one else's eyes.

The puppies both have a cough and no it is nothing like kennel cough.
It is like a real people cough. I suspect they are reacting to hot outside and A/C inside then not so hot outside again.
They are doing OK and having a good time no matter what.
It is going to be interesting, as they soon will officially become Canadians!!!
And get to understand that they will not be living in the RV anymore but in a house with way more room!
Certainly will be an adventure to watch that adjustment...

This morning we went to the Visitor's Center as there was a very cool OLD CAR show... Gorgeous cars but the set up was disastrous! The vehicles were jammed in tight together and did not need to be.
So to get an isolated shot of the vehicle against the gorgeous red rocks was nigh impossible..
Too bad because they had wonderful wonderful stuff there.
We voted for our favourite "Blue Ice"...what a work of art.

Came back home and I slept the entire afternoon. Feel a bit better for doing that too.

So tomorrow I will do last minute laundry things and we are taking the puppies into the park with us and getting their pics against the red rocks..

Thanks so much for once again joining us.
As always we have enjoyed having you join us..

Take care of yourselves and act in kindness.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment